Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

New campaign mod for Factorio contains a total of 10 full scripted missions. Each mission has a series of mandatory and optional tasks. You can enjoy more than 20 hours of pure gameplay and lore-friendly story about YOU, the engineer who survived the harsh conditions of the unknown planet where crash-landed years ago. How to play? Just install and then click on NEW GAME button. You will see missions in the menu. For more info, check the mod portal. Locales: EN,CZ,SK,RU,DE,PL,KO,FR,ES,CN

Scenarios
10 months ago

g License question

2 years ago

Hey, the version of the FMLDOL you're using doesn't have any info on whether showing the mod in Twitch streams or Youtube videos is okay. However, Earendel's version (which I assume you were inspired by) has this:

You are allowed to feature the mods in other media, such as Twitch or YouTube. It would be nice if you mentioned Earendel's Patreon https://www.patreon.com/earendel when featuring the mod but this in not a requirement.

Could you clarify whether it would be okay to make Twitch streams or Youtube videos with your mod? Thank you :)

2 years ago

Yes, you can show it on twitch or any other media. And yes, you re right, the licence is inspired from earendel. I'll improve it to be clear :).

I think ,its not neccecery to show my patreon, but it would be nice, if you have link to this mod portal. ;-)

Thank you very much for feedback.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

P.S. Please, send here your progress with streaming the game. I would like to see it to investigate and more balance the game :D

2 years ago

Thank you for allowing streams!

I played for 2 hours today, so far it's really fun! Here is the stream VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1145606532

If you want, I can even give you my save file to look at, just let me know :)

2 years ago

Great! :D I'm glad you like it. I'm looking forward to the next streaming! :-D

2 years ago

I saw that you followed my twitch account, so I won't post the rest of my VODs here, I don't want to advertise. I finished level 1 today and started on level 2. It's been pretty fun so far and I encountered no bugs, which I find really good for a mod that is this new! I really like the look of the main factory in level 2 so far, it's pretty unique and interesting, good job on that.

2 years ago

Hi, thanks! I watched both your streams and it's perfect! For me it seems everything working fine so far (I saw only minor bugs or glitches which I'll fix in next update). I also notice, you had some questions for example "spawning" or you cannot continue on the mission when you finish the level. And finaly "can I go into the space port base in the mission2?"

1) The respawning is forbidden because some objectives need to be done on specific place. And when you once fail to complete the objective, you can start failing over-over again and never finish the mission, because for example you're out of ressources or script is running. This is why is easier to load your autosave and prepare your-self better.

2) When you finish the mission, there is nothing else to do, because tech-tree in missions is limited. (In every mission you actualy unclock new and new research) :-) I'm little bit sad, because you cannot see the mission speicification. This can be seen only, if you separate missions to "scenarios" folder

3) and YES, you can go to the base and try to mess it up, if you find weak spots (train gate if you have good timing) or glitches. (but prepare for some suprices) :D

I'm pretty exited when you reach mission 3. I think the real fun starts from this mission :D.
Also sorry I never catch up your streaming. I'll try to be better tommorow. :D

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

That's pretty interesting, thank you for the answers! For 2), it would be nice if there was still some way for me to save the "finished" game because I like showing off my finished factories. I am not sure how that would be done technically though.

I cannot guarantee a stream today (busy day/week), so don't worry too much about it.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Theoretically: Your autosave did that. You have always 3 autosaves files I think. But I can do a objective alert, something like "this is the last objective". But I'm thinking if I really wanted to do that or do something else.

I have notification on your stream, so I'll check them later. Please, if you find something weird, make a note or comment in the video and I'll check that. It's really important to me, because I need more feedback to make it better and you are really-really good! :D . Maybe I'll send my discord to you or something. :D

You'll probably find that some solutions in the game aren't well made. It's because my limitation of knowlage the Factorio Lua Code and Code itself. It's 10 years when I last time wrote some codes. Yet I think I'm good reader of the code. :D

2 years ago

Hm, good point with the autosave. I've had that turned off for years, so I'm not used to it at all.

The interesting thing about finding weird stuff - I can't really think of much. Even the 3 questions that you picked in your post were mostly idle wonderings, not things I thought of as "I should ask the mod author about this". I do have something though - the car at the start of level 2 is unminable, which is weird to me. I'm used to mining my cars :) Thank you for the compliments. If you want to chat on discord, I'm open to it. If you don't want to post your discord publicly here, you can PM me on the forums: https://forums.factorio.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26814.

Speaking of streams - I am streaming now :D

New response