by steinio

Fresh water anywhere.

Content
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Make the recipe simpler

6 years ago

I think this mod is great; it does exactly what it's supposed to in professional manner.

The only thing I don't like about this mod is the recipe.

Currently, you need
4 iron sticks (This is okay, I don't see why a well needs iron poles but they deserve more use cases anyway)
8 stone bricks (This is good, a well should be made out of bricks)
40 stone (This is alright, it makes scene why a well would take stones but it's not incredibly necessary because of the brick)
1 Offshore pump (This is great, it signifies that the stone water well is an upgrade, and I understand that the well works with hidden offshore pump)
1 Underground pipe (This is bad, underground pipes are always used in twos, and requiring just one makes a lot of peoples' OCD kick into action.

Also, having 5 ingredients for an early-game item makes putting the well in a mall impossible until much later.

I recommend getting rid of the underground pipe so that this item can be put in a mall and so that it doesn't leave you with an odd amount of underground pipes.

6 years ago

I think this mod is great; it does exactly what it's supposed to in professional manner.

The only thing I don't like about this mod is the recipe.

Currently, you need
4 iron sticks (This is okay, I don't see why a well needs iron poles but they deserve more use cases anyway)
8 stone bricks (This is good, a well should be made out of bricks)
40 stone (This is alright, it makes scene why a well would take stones but it's not incredibly necessary because of the brick)
1 Offshore pump (This is great, it signifies that the stone water well is an upgrade, and I understand that the well works with a hidden offshore pump)
1 Underground pipe (This is bad, underground pipes are always used in twos, and requiring just one makes a lot of peoples' OCD kick into action.

Also, having 5 ingredients for an early-game item makes putting the well in a mall impossible until much later.

I recommend getting rid of the underground pipe so that this item can be put in a mall and so that it doesn't leave you with an odd amount of underground pipes.

6 years ago

Why would you want to make it in a mall?

4 years ago

Why would you want to make it in a mall?

Steinio said on the info page:

I made this mod to solve this problem - no water at the start.

And for the starting area, one or two wells would be enough. However, you can also use them in outposts with a scarce water supply! This makes sense in the early mid game, when you haven't set up a rail network yet that could deliver water to the outpost.

Then again, the point is moot now, as Assembling machines 1 and 2 have no limit on recipe (solid) ingredients anymore since Factorio 0.17. I'm sorry for necroing this ancient post. :-)

4 years ago

Give one to the player at start and the recipe can be whatever you want.