Spidertron Weapon Switcher

Allows the Spidertron to fire any type of weapon by cycling through different loadouts with Control + Tab.

Content
10 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b [Fixed-1.1.2] Account for vanilla spidertron entities and items

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Great mod. But there's a small issue with implementation.

Since the mod modifies recipe to create a custom spidertron item and all spidertrons are custom types, that means if the mod is enabled after a spidertron is created, OR a spidertron item/entity is created by another mod, then that spidertron stays vanilla and has no weapon switch (and no way to make it switchable).

This may be crutch-fixed by making vanilla spidertrons return custom item when mined (though it's not clear why it was necessary to make a custom spidertron for rocket launcher weapon set in the first place).

3 years ago

Hi, thanks for the report. I do in fact have a migration that is supposed to convert all vanilla spidertrons into 'rocket launcher' spidertrons when the mod loads. Unfortunately it apparently has no effect, but I'm planning to work out what is wrong with it for the next update.

Yes, I don't technically need to make a custom rocket launcher spidertron, but it makes the upgrade logic simpler if they all have names in the same format (e.g. spidertron-alt-4).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I've changed the internal naming in 1.1.2 so this shouldn't be an issue anymore. The rocket launcher version is now internally identical to the vanilla spidertron except that it is part of a fast-replace group.

New response