Spidertron Engineer

Build your factory as a Spidertron from the start! Instead of unlocking better weapons and armor, unlock upgrades to yourself.

Content
1 year, 5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation Combat

b [Resolved] 1.1.7 crash on loading mods

3 years ago

i have a lot of other mods on trying this... like K2 and mobile Factory come to mind that change science?

3 years ago

i have a lot of other mods on trying this... like K2 and mobile Factory come to mind that change science?

edit: Space Mining 2 is the badboy it seems
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Mining-Space-Industries-II

3 years ago

It looks like you sorted it then? If not, try loading Spidertron Engineer without the other mods and turning off the "Modify science" setting.

3 years ago

jup but while testing the mod i tryed to change the color of Spidertron Engineer and it dindt apply the changes but changing the name works
and sadly it seems that mobile factory and Spidertron Engineer only work with the get out of your spidertron option.
bcs while in Spidertron you cant get into your Factory... i think its bcs of the collision detection of the Spidertron

i am not sure about your License can i just remove the fish part to make it work for me? or remove the need to unlock the recepie

3 years ago

ok RPG fucks this mod too... tryed to used some lvl ups and now my spidertron just vanish each time i leave and onlyspawns again when i swich surfaces

3 years ago

The licence is GPL so you can make any changes you like, and publish any changes that you've made as long as anything you publish containing parts of this mod is also GPL. You don't need to edit the mod though, just change the startup settings to disable the technology changes.

In order to change the spidertron colour you need to change your player colour instead, and it will be automatically applied to the spidertron. And whilst it lets you change the spidertron name, it actually can't save it so it will be reset to "Spidertron" whenever you get in a vehicle, change surfaces, or upgrade the Spidertron Engineer. This is a limitation of the game API, so please post in support here to get the devs to add it in :)

I'll have a look at Mobile Factory and see if I can improve the integration.

3 years ago

thanks for the feedback <3
i will try that

3 years ago

u where right change the startup settings did let me load Space Mining industres 2

3 years ago

hehe why did u change all the player icons to fish? now all the other mods that use them aswell look fishy :P

3 years ago

Haha yep :D In the lore of this mod, you are playing as the fish that controls the spidertron, so I thought it made sense to change the icon.
Which mods are using the character icons elsewhere? I'd be interested to see that...

3 years ago

RPG-System and Space Mining Industries 2 does so far and yours bcs i need to check the option for getting out of the spidertron for Mobile Factory to work:D
lore wise i was aiming for a warhammer 40k setting :) found a mod than chance you to a mechanicus https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Mechanicus
i am looking for nice setup that fits there... with a lot of fighting
put in some loot mods and biter scaling mods do like k2 grafiks and the fact that you need to kill biters for scince again

New response