Spidertron squad control [0.5.0 BETA RELEASE]

adds a spidertron squad remote so you don't have to use 100 remotes to control your spider army. also adds a follow mode for your spider army. And a better entity-follow tool that doesn't require you to link every single spidertron individually Beta versions available on GitHub for testing: https://github.com/npc-strider/spidertron-squad-control/releases

Utilities
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

b Crash using remote while using Spidertron Engineer mod

3 years ago

Error while running event Spider_Control::on_nth_tick(20)
Spider_Control/control.lua:194: attempt to index field 'spiders' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Spider_Control/control.lua:194: in function <Spider_Control/control.lua:190>
980.917 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:90: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Spidertron squad control (0.3.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

3 years ago

Sorry, the Follow Player button rather than the squad remote. :)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I just tested this out, and I can replicate it for SpidertronEngineer 1.0.2, but I seem to have accidentally fixed it in 1.1.0 :)
I've looked through your source code, and I cannot for the life of me work out why it went wrong or why it isn't anymore. That's programming for you I guess!

3 years ago

Try it on a fresh map? I'm still seeing it.

3 years ago

whoops, didn't create the array properly. should be fixed for next release

3 years ago

Sorry, you are correct, I can now easily replicate it with Spidertron Engineer 1.1.0 (and without any other mods). I have no idea what I was doing yesterday, or why it was working, but as morley says he's fixed it for the next release, all good then!

New response