Sparkletron's Terraformers

Add some spice to your next map. Explore oceans, new hexagonal worlds, or expand a modular base through regular diamond chokepoints

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Environment

i Octagon/Rail Hexagon

3 years ago

Would it be possible to add octagonal world or an hexagon world where the canals and the oblique side of the hexagons are 45 degrees? Now they are 60 degrees and makes connecting an island to another with rails really tricky

3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion! I played around with some ways to do it today, and I think I can do 45 degree hexagons by the end of the week. The slanted sides of the hexagons, and the bridges between them will be 45 degrees for rail alignment.

3 years ago

It's done!

It required a different approach than the 60 degree hexes so it took a little while. I added a 'flat top' and 'pointy top' variant depending on your preference. Hope you enjoy it!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Newer version isn't set for 1.1

:-/

Edit: Could we get the two 45deg hexys on the terraforming as well?

3 years ago

Thanks for letting me know about the version thing. Setting the Factorio version for the mod didn't work as I expected.

So, the mod (v1.1.1) should work with Factorio v1.1, and it includes the hex-45 moats.

I took a good look this morning at getting a 45 degree Hexy map setting, and I can't get it to work. The 45 degree hexes are constructed in a totally different way than the 60 degree hexes, and as a result I can't set a whole hex to be at the same elevation. I think it may not even be possible with the current limits of the Factorio map gen, because if you calculations get too nested it gets very slow.

New response