Smelter UPSGrade

by Kingdud

A single smelter (and centrifuge) that is equivalent to 405 smelters. For saving UPS. Important: Check Changelog before upgrading to 1.100.1!

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g I'm Sorry to existing users

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm sorry to have changed the recipe for building these, but it was the best way to allow the building density to be scaled up and down elegantly. In case you missed the changelog notes, here is what changed:

Bugfix:
- Power drain and usage is now correct.
Changes:
- Allowed smelters to be scaled in the same way that AssemblerUPSGrade scales assemblers.
- Smelters and Centrifuges now have black borders around the models to make them easier to place.
- !!!WARNING!!! Smelter and Centrifuge entity (the building, not the recipes the building uses) recipes have changed dramatically. There are new intermediates to build the bulk smelters/centrifuges. The intermediates make it far easier to scale the recipe up and down. It would not be possible to include all the needed hardware in a one-shot recipe like I used before (lvl 3 assmeblers only take 6 ingredients; I'd need 9).
- !!!WARNING!!! Smelters and Centrifuge no longer benefit from modules or beacons; these bonuses are built-in now.

I have some code to make the building size scale like assemblerUPSGrade does (so if you set a 1000x smelter, it would take up roughly the same area as 1000 normal smelters). I did not activate that code because I found placing buildings larger than 100x100 or so to be very problematic. Let me know if you want me to enable this.

Thank you for using this mod, I'm glad you found it useful. Again, sorry for breaking your existing setups. Feel free to install the older version and manually switch to the new one when you start a new map. I debated not sharing the new version at all, but...idk. You have the option to roll back, I figured the hate wouldn't be that bad, and the new black borders around the buildings certainly helps me see where the edges are so I can line them up.

New response