Smart Inserters

Change pickup/drop position for each inserter, change drop/pickup offet, copy-paste settings, custom inserter lenght and more... Enjoy!

Utilities
a month ago
Logistics

g [] Uniform-Range?

9 months ago

What exactly does Uniform Range do?

9 months ago

Uniform range set all inserters to the max range of the grid

So a basic inserter will become a long inserter, and if your grid is bigger than 5x5 even bigger

Is this is off teh mod will use the inserter range instead of the maximum one

9 months ago

May be I'm stupid, but why do I need that? I want by default to configure each inserter individually, This setting should be false by default.

9 months ago

well the only thing that this toggle does is to make so that every inserter has the same range, I don't like playing with long inserter so I made it true by default.
Also changing it will not take any considerable amount of time so it's not really a problem

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

I had to investigate something self

if false:, the max range is limited to default length of the inserter
if true: not limt for max range

"uniform range" is a ambiguous, label.
you mean with "uniform range", tha all inserters have the same "MAX range" which is configured by "Max inserter range".
what I understand is :all inserters have the same range, what means if I set one to 1, all have 1.

I would name this, "use default max range" and set it to false. Description "If anabled, uses the default max range for the inserter type only."
But you could also omit this option, use max inserter range = 0 for this feature

9 months ago

So I can't say anything about "ambiguous labeling" I'm not too good in this regard.

I will iterate over the naming scheme with your suggestion.

I can't remove this toggle because if I want
max range = 3
with this feature being enabled with max range = 0 I will need to have the actual max range set to 5 in every case to have this enabled

More custumization for the various kind of player

9 months ago

maybe here is a missunderstanding,
if you would remove the switch and use Max inserter range = 0, you will have only range 1 and for long, range 2. for which inserter you want to show 3 (or 5)?
but it's not that important, I just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

9 months ago

oh so you inverted it, this might work, Ill keep it in mind just in case

New response