Smarter Trains

Train lines, automated refueling, 'dynamic' train schedules

Content
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Trains

g Dynamic train routing not working (v1.1.2)

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hi there, hope I'm in the right spot.
I recently found this mod and it sounds absolutely incredible. After reading carefully and understanding how everything should work I started trying it out.

As soon as I try to test my minimal example (in a fresh sandbox game) and I turn the first train to Automatic I get the following error:

<pre>__SmartTrains__/control.lua.1100: LuaTrain doesn't contain key station. Error in SmartTrains. </pre>

Aside from showing this error, every signal on the Smart Train stations works as expected. But the trains are routed respecting the vanilla schedule, and neither the "Signal #" nor the "Station #" affect its next destination. The "Destination" output signal doesn't pulse for 1 tick as it should when the train leaves. So it seems the mod is working partially but the trains routes are vanilla.

Any clue what could be causing this? What can I do to find the issue?

7 years ago

Did you somehow manage to get the mod loading for a Factorio version < 0.13.14? Because in 0.13.14 LuaTrain.station was added. But 1.1.2 should only load for 0.14.x versions of Factorio, so I'm a bit clueless xD.

Can you upload the save somewhere so i can have a look? I just tried a Sandbox scenario and it seems to work for me (besides an error when trying to enter a train without a character)

You could also try a normal game (maybe with https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Mooncat/creative-mode) and see if the error still comes up. But my sandbox seemed to work.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hi.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

You were, no surprise there, completely right. I had started up what I thought was 0.14 but in fact it was a 0.13.11 version of the game (several installs and careless use of shortcuts on my part are to blame). In the current version it works flawlessly, as advertised :)

One question remains, if you would be so kind: My longest running game is being played with some friends on 0.13.11 because we have some other mods that haven't been updated/don't work anymore.

(a) Can we use SmartTrains v1.0.3, or do we need to downgrade further*? Your changelog suggests 1.1.2 = 1.0.3 and 1.1.1 = 1.0.2 except for the Factorio version (or maybe I suck at understanding?)

(b) Are "dynamic train schedules" available in this* (whichever is compatible with 0.13.11) old version? (What I mean: controlling a trains' destination by inputting a signal into the lamp and having the destination be output for one tick when the train leaves) We have an idea complex contraption we want to build which relies on being able to route trains like this.

7 years ago

Sadly everything > SmartTrains 1.0.0 needs at least Factorio 0.13.13
This https://github.com/Choumiko/SmartTrains/releases/download/v0.4.7/SmartTrains_0.4.7.zip should work with 0.13.11 but contains some bugs that are fixed in 1.0.0

Dynamic train schedules and pulsing the destination is in all versions since 0.3.99

New response