Recipes only do one thing at a time

by matjojo

A factorio factory is very wide, single recipes can change items significantly, in reality factory lines are more often than not very long, with small changes at every machine. This mod tries to recreate that feeling by splitting most recipes in the game per ingredient. Thresholds and other settings available. See the mod portal for more info.

Tweaks
1 year, 1 month ago
Manufacturing

i Option to separate steps between different machines

6 months ago

Most notably, this a thing I thought of when seeing some of the split up recipes for processes done in chemical plants, where I end up getting some crafting steps in the chemical plant that use no liquids, either input or output, and that felt a little weird.

I won't pretend to know how easy it would be to add an option to have recipe steps like that moved to assemblers, but it could be neat to have an option like that if it is reasonably accomplishable. Being able to specify the machines to move things to as well could be an interesting option.

Alternatively, an option to exclude recipes or recipe categories from being affected could be used to not run into the issue, and would also let a user tweak the experience for them a bit more. Such as only having it on machines and buildings, or only on sciences, or not to mess with chemical plant recipes or the machine added by "mod x", etc.

5 months ago

I agree that this would be a nice feature, but I don't really have the time or intention to add it now. Pull Requests appreciated haha.

New response