Singistics

by SinRopa

Total conversion replacing crafting and research with randomized trade routes. Disable all other mods, as only base is supported. It's best to disable map features you don't want in your way. You should not play with biters at least. You were warned!

Overhaul
3 years ago

g Update

3 years ago

posible update to V1 game?

3 years ago

Generally 0.18 mods work on 1.0. I didn't test, but this one should work.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Unless I'm doing something wrong -- it doesn't: the v1 crashed ship over-writes the Singistics market and rocket silo.

(And unless you use a no-collisions mod, you spawn on an unwalkable area of the v1 spaceship and are stuck.)

3 years ago

Unless I'm doing something wrong -- it doesn't: the v1 crashed ship over-writes the Singistics market and rocket silo.

(And unless you use a no-collisions mod, you spawn on an unwalkable area of the v1 spaceship and are stuck.)

Here's the deal. The author hasn't appear for a while. And ok, I'm gonna do it for you. The author has authorized me to do what ever with this mod, I believe it includes updating.

3 years ago

Hi, the author has disappeared for a while. I'm gonna do the updating for you. So, plz wait. It shouldn't be very long.

3 years ago

I tried the mod in 1.0 stable, with freeplay or sandbox. It works well. If you encounter any issue, in the map setting page, uncheck everything, water, cliff, enemy base, pollusion.

3 years ago

I tried the mod in 1.0 stable, with freeplay or sandbox. It works well. If you encounter any issue, in the map setting page, uncheck everything, water, cliff, enemy base, pollusion.

3 years ago

mod work with 1.0 but , no market and silo, because that space ship.

3 years ago

open scenario editor(or map editor). Wait for the terrain to be generated. Save the scenario. Turn on this mod, load the saved blank scenario. In this way, it should work.

3 years ago

open scenario editor(or map editor). Wait for the terrain to be generated. Save the scenario. Turn on this mod, load the saved blank scenario. In this way, it should work.

ok that work thanx

3 years ago

The map editor solution creates a large empty space around the starting area with no cities.

I installed the NoFreeplayCutscene mod and enabled the "No Crash Site" option; that got this mod to work.

3 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. Glad to see you found a work-around.

3 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. Glad to see you found a work-around.

Hi, I recently worked out a per surface method to create a pure empty surface. I believe it would work for your mod.
Some of the code is here.

script.on_event(defines.events.on_tick, function(event)
if game.tick == 0
then

main_surface = dft.gen_empty_surface("debug",200,200)
  game.players[1].teleport({0,0},main_surface)

And for the chunk generated callback:
script.on_event(defines.events.on_chunk_generated, function(event)
--game.print(event.position.x .." " .. event.position.y)

if event.position.x>-5 and event.position.x<5 and event.position.y>-5 and event.position.y<5
then
    if event.surface == main_surface then
        local surface = event.surface
        local tiles = {}
        for x = event.area.left_top.x, event.area.right_bottom.x-1 do
            for y = event.area.left_top.y, event.area.right_bottom.y-1 do
                local tile_name = event.surface.get_tile(x,y).name
                if tile_name == "water" or tile_name == "deepwater"
                then table.insert(tiles, { name = "grass-2",position = {x,y} })
                else table.insert(tiles, { name = tile_name,position = {x,y} })
                end
            end
        end
        surface.set_tiles(tiles, true)

local simple_entities = surface.find_entities_filtered{event.area, type = "simple-entity"}
        for k,v in pairs(simple_entities)do
           v.destroy()
        end
    end
end

end)

And the very primary part of this
gen_empty_surface = function(name, width, height)
width = width or 1
height = height or 1
local mgs = {
autoplace_controls = {
coal = {
frequency = 1,
richness = 1,
size = 0
},
["copper-ore"] = {
frequency = 1,
richness = 1,
size = 0
},
["crude-oil"] = {
frequency = 1,
richness = 1,
size = 0
},
["enemy-base"] = {
frequency = 1,
richness = 1,
size = 0
},
["iron-ore"] = {
frequency = 1,
richness = 1,
size = 0
},
stone = {
frequency = 1,
richness = 1,
size = 0
},
trees = {
frequency = 1,
richness = 1,
size = 0
},
["uranium-ore"] = {
frequency = 1,
richness = 1,
size = 0
}
},
autoplace_settings = {},
cliff_settings = {
cliff_elevation_0 = 10,
cliff_elevation_interval = 40,
name = "cliff",
richness = 0
},
peaceful_mode = false,
property_expression_names = {},
seed = 4083961782,
starting_area = 1,
starting_points = {
{
x = 0,
y = 0
}
},
terrain_segmentation = 1,
water = 0,

height = height,
    width = width
}
return game.create_surface(name, mgs)

end

Besides this, all you need to do is teleporting all the players to the surface, and set the respawn area to the new surface. That would work.

3 years ago

If your goal is an empty surface, you may get similar results by just calling clear() on the surface.

3 years ago

Disabled the crash site completely. Game should now be playable. I'll give it a test run and see if I spark any desire to balance it.

3 years ago

If your goal is an empty surface, you may get similar results by just calling clear() on the surface.

The trouble might happen when the new chunks are generated after the clear() function call.
The code is from my new tool mod. The mod is now very non-finished and I didn't release it. If you prefer a run-able version than some snippets, let me know.

3 years ago

Yeah I noticed that disabling water no longer.... disables.... water. So yay for that when it becomes an issue. But in the 20 games or so i started up, the starting area spawned ok. So I will leave this as playable but I dont have any plans to enhance it.

New response