Shuttle Train

by simwir

Want to get from one end of your big expansive base to the other? Hate running or driving cars? Then why not take the train. With this mod you get a quick and effective way to use your rail infrastructure for personal transportation.

Content
6 years ago
0.13 - 0.14
Trains

g .15 update

6 years ago

I tried editing the entity.lua myself, but since I'm an uninformed noob, I keep running into argument errors. Hopefully Simwir can return and grace us with an update in the near future. I love this mod, and the game feels incomplete without it.

Yeah, the update would be very nice...I'll second that, for it is a very useful mod.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Apparently, this works just fine in 0.15, after 3 changes:

In the mod's info.json:
Change "factorio_version": "0.14" to read "0.15" instead.

In prototypes/entity.lua:
Change line 55 from 'energy_source =' to 'burner =';
Change line 57 from 'type = "burner"' to 'fuel_category = "chemical"'.

Done! Works without erroring in-game, so no scripting updates were needed; just an entity definition update and a version change.
Not sure how it reacts to disabled train stops, though. E: No crash with disabled stops, either; just complains it can't find a path.

Would still be nice for the original author to come around and update it himself, but at least you can fix it yourself in the meantime. :)

6 years ago

I think I'm going to release a modified version of this if I have time to do it today.

6 years ago

I've posted my updated mod here https://mods.factorio.com/mods/folk/folk-shuttle

New response