This mod is no longer being updated. Please refer to the remake by folk: Shuttle train lite
So you have built a big and expansive base and you need to go to one of your mining outposts, so what do you do? Well you use the rail network that you built anyway. The only problem is that the train GUI is horrible if you aren't setting up a route but just are going to a station one time. This mod aims to fix that, by adding a train specifically for transporting you around. You get a research that allows you to built a Shuttle Train, and when in the shuttle train you get this GUI:
You then just click the stations you want to go to and the train takes care of the rest.
Furthermore you can now click on the little train button in the top left to bring up the station list anywhere. Pressing it outside a train brings the closest unused shuttle train to that station.
Thanks to Stanfear for the filtering and Roktaal for ordering the stations alphabetically.
The train works like an ordinary train, so you are still able to haul a couple of cargo wagons with you, if you fancy.
See how to get the latest features here
Or if you just want to receive an email when i release a new version you can sign up here
If you have found a bug please refer to this discussion thread on how i would like you to submit that bug.
- Updated to factorio 0.14.x
- Added new required line in entity
- There is no new features in this releade
- Changed menu button to be consistent with popular mods. By @Nexela
- Fixed lingering issues with dynamic stops. By @kaufman-bryce
- Fixed a bug when a train wagon without a loco stopped.
- Fixed incompatibility with Dynamic Train Stops
- Bugfixes by credomane for compatibility with factorio 0.13.5
- Updated for Factorio version 0.13
- Changed train to use the 0.13 train model, but still in green
- Changed stacksize from 1 to 5
- Made the train reset to manual mode upon arrival at destination station
- German translation, courtesy of bNarFProfCrazy