ShinyBobGFX

by Zombiee

Graphics update for Bob's mods. Buildings are colored by tier as well as adding some hi-res versions where bob hasn't yet. NO recipe changes/rebalance.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.15 - 0.18

b Tier 1 Electronic Assemb to Tier 3, icon

6 years ago

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/405494749697671178/407526755432267776/unknown.png

I dropped the image in my discord so I could link it here, was faster this way. :P

Basically, the Tier 1 uses the Tier 1 icon, while the Tier 2 uses the Tier 3 icon, for the Electronics Assembler. I haven't gotten further yet so I don't now if the Tier 3 is also swapped or something.

6 years ago

The pic helps. It's a limitation of my imagination mostly. The elec-assemblers have only three tiers, rather than the end game one being blue I chose to have them skip colors to match the equivalent tech assembly machine. Basically, early game you'll have both be yellow, mid game both will be blue and late game both will be green.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks for you mod. <nvm my comments>

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Interesting. This is actually not my fault. It seems Bob has changed his colors to match mine for assemblers/elec-assemblers at some point and I missed it. So when you have "Use ShinyBobGFX Assembling Machines" disabled and I DON'T change the assembler graphics but do add the power bars to the original icons, I'm using the old icon color scheme.

I'll remove that option in the next update. In the meantime I suggest you enable "Use ShinyBobGFX Assembling Machines" since mine look better and mk4, mk5 and mk6 are not low res.

5 years ago

Well .. it was my mod doing it wobby, and I had not noticed it. So I appreciate the bug report regardless.

Since you deleted the comment - it was about the icons following the old bob color scheme while the entity did not. (Mk2 being yellow and the icon blue [Like it was previously] etc)

5 years ago

Further correction. It seems Bob added an option to choose between color schemes rather than forcing the change .. so I'm not sure what exactly I'll do. Probably remove my option to revert and base my icon choice on the whether you have the box checked in Bob's or not. HEADACHES!

5 years ago

Hey thanks for the quick response. I did fiddle around with swapping the tiers, but had "cache-sprite-atlas=true" so got some weird results that I thought were all my fault. Anyway, I can live with the mismatch between icon and item if it means I can tell the difference between all those circuit boards! :)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I'm not sure where that specific option is or what it does .. but if you look under:
Settings > Mod settings > Startup > ShinyBobGFX >
and enable "Use ShinyBobGFX assembling machines"
then both icons and assembers should be grey-yellow-red-blue-purple-green. Next update will fix the oddness somehow though

New response