Set Game Speed

by Bilka

Set game speed without disabling achievements by using /speed x

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Cheats

g don't mods disable achievements already though?

5 years ago

?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

No. Infact you could get all the achievements by using the creative mode mod

5 years ago

there are two groups of achievements : to make it fair and comparable among users, steam achievements are disabled by using any mods or any /c commands, but since this is at most only "cheating yourself" local achievements are still possible with mods (probably mostly intended for non-cheating QoL mods) and are only disabled when using /c commands (which even prompts you to repeat the command after a warning that achievemnets will be disabled).

there are also two or three mods that add various levels of sane and insane additional achievements, which wouldn't make sense if mods would disable also local achievements :-)

thus i find it a great idea to have a mod that allows setting game speed with a non-/c command. now i can debug complicated timecritical combinator setups by running at only 1 tick per second and still do local achievements. and it's a lot easier too, than to remember the exact variable (gameplayersurfaceplayerspeed or whatever :-) which needs to be changed.

PS: on old factorio versions, i could simply delete a file that kept local achievements to start all over again doing them while still keeping (and working on) the steam achievements. then this was changed somehow and factorio always(?) got the achievements from steam, and at the same time a new option (factorio options > other options > delete achievements) was introduced which warns that it will delete all achievements including steam achievements. can anybody tell me whether this will also delete my steam achievements when i play on a separate non-steam installation but have steam active/open in the background while using this "delete" button or even at some later time?
i would like to start over some of the achievemnets on a local play, but don't want to risk deleting all hard to get achievements on steam too ...

5 years ago

Vanilla must support "/speed 2", there is no way to cheat while speed is ≥ 1.

New response