⚠️ SearchlightAssault ⚠️

Adds a game map and searchlights which sweep for foes at great range, alerting you while directing adjacent turrets to snipe spotted foes. Designed to dovetail with the early-mid game, searchlights provide: - Circuit network interfaces for search & detection I/O - Incentive to automate lamp & combinator production in the early game - New tactics to assault biter bases without leap-frogging turrets!

Content
1 year, 4 months ago
Combat

g Force change startup variables?

2 years ago

Hey, first of all, amazing mod! I really love anything that adds new gameplay to the defence aspect of the game :)

Unfortunately for myself, I already had a 15+ hour save when I found the mod, so I didn't have the opportunity to change the turret boost distance or the searchlight radius.

Is there any possibility that I could forcibly adjust these values without having to start a new game?

Thanks!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thanks for the compliments!

You should be able to safely change those particular values for your save.
Try changing them from the main menu (before loading a game). Main Menu -> Settings -> Mod Settings
The game engine should then restart and apply the changes.
Then, try to load your save. Click "Load" instead of "Sync mods and load".

The description of that settings page saying "Changing startup settings will require a game restart" is just talking about how you have to let the game close, then start back up again. Your existing save game does not need to start from scratch :)
(Generally, it's only in cases where a mod wants to do things like generate terrain & resources on the ground, etc, that it's necessary to start a whole new save)

2 years ago

If you're feeling paranoid about changing the startup settings of a mod, you can always just make sure to save to a new file after loading with the new settings -- and leave the old "pre-settings-change" save untouched.

2 years ago

Oh wow, okay yeah... I should learn to read properly :P

Thanks for getting back to me :)

New response