Sea Block

No ore patches, expand from a small island. Also install the 'Sea Block Pack - Official' mod for a complete modpack

Overhaul
2 months ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Not working

7 years ago

For some reason I cannot make this work. I had a lot of mods installed so thought it might have been that. But removed all other mods and only had this and quarry mod, but still spawns as a normal game when creating a new game.

7 years ago

The mod is supposed to be used with other mods. There is a rather long list of mods in the forum:
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=43759

You don't need all of them, the list is just what the mod-author recommends. And be warned, anything with Bob's Mods will be long and complicated. It's an awesome mod, but if you're not a Factorio veteran, you might want to play easier settings first.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I downloaded the mod pack, installed them all except angels since I dont like angels. Had most of bobs already. Started new game, still spawns as normal map.

7 years ago

Hm, then I don't know. I think you can not complete the game without angels mods, since some of the essential recipes to get ore will be missing.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

If you click mods in factorio when it is loaded, if the mod is red it means it needs a different mod to run. It will have a list showing the mods that you also need.

I have a different problem with it though, not sure if anyone else is. When I try to load factorio up with SeaBlock, this message comes up

Failed to load mod "SeaBlock 0.0.4"
SeaBlock/data-final-fixes.lua:24: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Any suggestions as to how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

7 years ago

I'm having the same problem as Hellfyre_. I installed the mod pack and updated SeaBlock to 0.0.4 (pack has 0.0.1), but I get the same error. I removed RSO, thinking it might mess with the mod in some way, given the nature of the mods but it didn't fix anything.

Extra mods: Advanced chemical plant, alien biomes, autofill, auto recycling plant, better offshore pump, cheaper landfill, cheaper rail and concrete, curved rail for 0.14, drilling pumpjack, electric furnaces, even more light, expanded robot tech, fast long inserters, flow control, fluid void, greenhouses with modules, ironman, items generator, larger inventory, longer belt redux, long reach (modified to include the old true long reach mod), mining tools, more light, rail power system, rail tanker, single splitter, upgrade planner, void chest, water fix, waterwell, YARM.

7 years ago

Nebbeh: SeaBlock has dependencies on angelsbioprocessing, angelsrefining, angelspetrochem and bobelectronics. If any of those are missing then factorio won't even try to load it. Angels mods are a core part of the gameplay of SeaBlock, so if you don't like angels perhaps you would be better off using a different mod. Water Maze, for example, looks like it could be configured to generate similar terrain.

HellFyre_, scithen: Thanks for the bug reports. Not sure exactly what was causing it, but I've added a possible fix in version 0.0.5.

7 years ago

Looks like it isn't fixed. With 0.0.5 i do get an error in data-final-fixes line 39: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) which looks like it's the same error after a quick look at the code.

I'm not sure what the code is supposed to do so i don't know if this broke something, but i played around a bit and replacing the code with this: https://pastebin.com/gsqjwn9Q fixes the error. Basically just blindly added couple more checks.

7 years ago

A mod that you can use to check the issue is FlowControl. It crashed on the original error and now on the line 39

7 years ago

Version 0.0.6 should fix the issue when using the mod list in scithen's post.

7 years ago

Nebbeh: SeaBlock has dependencies on angelsbioprocessing, angelsrefining, angelspetrochem and bobelectronics. If any of those are missing then factorio won't even try to load it. Angels mods are a core part of the gameplay of SeaBlock, so if you don't like angels perhaps you would be better off using a different mod. Water Maze, for example, looks like it could be configured to generate similar terrain.

HellFyre_, scithen: Thanks for the bug reports. Not sure exactly what was causing it, but I've added a possible fix in version 0.0.5.

You could try Water World as an alternative to Seablock, if you don't like angel's mods.

7 years ago

Trainwreck, just to let you know it works for me now aswell.
All I need to do now is figure out how to use the other mods (Angels and Bobs, always been to complicated for me to bother with). But I'm slowly getting there :P

New response