Scrapper's Delight

Adds very basic early equipment for use in armors which have equipment grids well before most good equipment is researched, such as those in quick start mods.

Content
2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Armor

b [Resolved] Items appear in wrong order & a little too OP(unbalanced)

NightOps β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

=>Scrap shield, capacitor and roboport all appear after the vanilla mk1 versions.
->This seems illogical since they are less powerful, except the roboport.
=>The scap roboport has the same construction area as its big brother(30x30). Recommend lowering this to 25x25 or even 20x20.
->You actually end up with 4 charging ports instead of the standard 2 in big brother for the same space requirement(2x2 area, 4 scrap roboports). I don't really mind this though as charging pads are always in need.
->Also the robot limit of 3 lets you get a total of 12 for a 2x2 area whereas the big brother only gets 10. Recommend lowering it to 2 bots per scrapped roboport to make it 8 bots per 2x2 area.
=>The scrap generator is just way too good compared to solar panels. It works, even at night with simple ingredients that make it the go-to power generation option since it outputs 66% more power than a solar panel. And that's only during the peak of the day. The difference in total power generation between the two is ridiculous, why would I even bother with solar panels when I have these?
->I recommend making the scrap generator burn fuel at poor efficiency to even things out a little bit(like portable engine mod).
->Another option would be to just change it to something else, i.e:
?->Ghetto Portable Solar Cell, recipe: some copper plates, copper wires, electronic circuits and maybe iron sticks. Produces: 15kw(half vanilla portable solar panel). FYI, a solar panel really only produces an average of 70% its max output during a full day/night cycle(vanilla portable solar panel average output 21kw).
?->Handcrank Generator(no actual cranking required), recipe: some iron plates, copper wires, gears and iron sticks. Produces 15kw.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Gotcha. This particular mod was one I put together mostly to familiarize myself with making equipment, but I did notice some disparities with exact equipment stats. I'm going to probably open up the stats for configuration and adjust the default stats of each piece of equipment to be a little more balanced soon. Thanks for the suggestions, especially with the scrap generator burning fuel. I'll have to look into that, as well as the other suggested pieces of equipment.

New response