Schall Starting Inventory

Adjustable starting inventory. Options on types and amount of weapons, ammo, armour, vehicles, bots, mining drills, furnaces, assembling machines, oil refineries, nuclear reactors, and many more. Designed for accelerated start: from skipping manual production, burner age, up to giving the most advanced items. Support items of Schall mod series. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro)

Tweaks
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Cheats

i [Solved] change from stacks to just item count

3 years ago

Hi! i like your mod it gives me a bit more freedom to start like i want without having to use cheats or anything.
But id like to ask if i can or you can change it so you dont spawn a full stack of items but a few individual items for example i wanna start with 20 magazine not 200 (a full stack)

anyhow nice mod!

3 years ago

I have chosen to use the amount of stacks, because it is more convenient. Amount of stacks one can carry is fixed; amount of items is not.
I can count how many inventory slots are used by the starting items.
Item stack sizes can be changed by mods, but still won't take up extra slots when tuned down by some mods, if under my current approach.

3 years ago

Fair enough, well thanks for the answer! I guess ill have to try modding myself or create custom scenarios :) great work anyhow!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Technically, it should not be difficult to add an extra option setting, whether added in "unit" of stacks (current) or item (your proposal).
Realistically, however, I have little time in modding these weeks. Make it into a proper release would also require changes in other parts, such as the option text. I do not know when I have time to finish that, so I cannot make you a promise right now.

If you just need an ad-hoc modification for your own use, then it can be done by editing a line in your own copy of this mod:
1/ Open lib\SIlib.lua in a proper text editor (I mean, anything except Windows Notepad...).
2/ Find the following line (somewhere near line 29):

count = v.count * itemproto[name].stack_size

3/ Replace the line as:

count = v.count

The above ad-hoc fix should achieve what you desired, although the option text still say "<Item type> stacks".

2 years ago

Hello again.
In versions 0.17.12 / 0.18.6 / 1.0.2 / 1.1.1, a new option "Unit size of quantity" is introduced, to allow selecting quantities as items instead of item stack. This should fulfill your request.
See mod main page for more information.

New response