Schall Perpetual Machine

β€œPerpetual machines” are hypothetical machines that can operate without external energy sources (e.g., fuel and power). This mod allows you to create equivalent perpetual machines at a cost, by installing an expensive but infinite energy source on burner machines. (Locale: English, Deutsch, ζ­£ι«”δΈ­ζ–‡, PortuguΓͺs Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Power

i [Solved] Ru Localization

2 years ago

Hi, I have made a Russian translation. Could you add this?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LjsvXmqAUN2lPMWyUFjINtj5x_CVgD_9?usp=sharing

Sincerely, Gelion17

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thanks for your interest in providing an additional translations!
I have reviewed most lines, and I have some questions:

A/

[entity-name]
Schall-perpetual-machine-prefix=∞
Schall-perpetual-machine-suffix=
(Original) Schall-perpetual-machine-template=__ENTITY__Schall-perpetual-machine-prefix____1____ENTITY__Schall-perpetual-machine-suffix__
(Yours) Schall-perpetual-machine-template=ВСчная машина Π¨Π΅Π»Π»Π°

These lines are used for the name of the modified entities/equipment. For example, the new entity based on vanilla "Boiler" will be named as "∞ Boiler"; while that for "Car" will be named as "∞ Car". The magic-string parameter __1__ takes the vanilla localised name, so they would appear as "∞ Π‘ΠΎΠΉΠ»Π΅Ρ€" and "∞ ΠΠ²Ρ‚ΠΎΠΌΠΎΠ±ΠΈΠ»ΡŒ" respectively in Russian.
Your modification will name them both as "ВСчная машина Π¨Π΅Π»Π»Π°", which is obviously incorrect.
Therefore, I will be using my original string instead. Is it okay for you?
OR was your intent to label them as something like "ВСчная машина Π¨Π΅Π»Π»Π° Π‘ΠΎΠΉΠ»Π΅Ρ€" and "ВСчная машина Π¨Π΅Π»Π»Π° ΠΠ²Ρ‚ΠΎΠΌΠΎΠ±ΠΈΠ»ΡŒ" instead?

B/

[mod-setting-description]
(en) perpetual-machine-generator-equipment=Equipment under category β€œgenerator-equipment” and using chemical fuel, such as Vehicle fuel cell in β€œSchall Tank Platoon” mod.
(Yours) perpetual-machine-generator-equipment=относящиСся ΠΊ ΠΊΠ°Ρ‚Π΅Π³ΠΎΡ€ΠΈΠΈ β€œΠ³Π΅Π½Π΅Ρ€Π°Ρ‚ΠΎΡ€-оборудованиС” Π° Ρ‚Π°ΠΊΠΆΠ΅ ΠΈΡΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡŒΠ·ΡƒΡŽΡ‰Π΅Π΅ химичСскоС Ρ‚ΠΎΠΏΠ»ΠΈΠ²ΠΎ, Ρ‚Π°ΠΊΠΎΠ΅ ΠΊΠ°ΠΊ Π² Π’Π°Π½ΠΊΠ°Ρ… Π¨Π΅Π»Π»Π°.

According to my naive understanding by Google translator, seems like your string is not a complete sentence with a proper initial, and missing the meaning of "Equipment".
This is in contrast to your other strings, which begins with "ΠžΠ±ΡŠΠ΅ΠΊΡ‚Ρ‹, относящиСся ΠΊ ΠΊΠ°Ρ‚Π΅Π³ΠΎΡ€ΠΈΠΈ ..."
Do you want to add a corresponding word to it?

2 years ago

These lines are used for the name of the modified entities/equipment. For example, the new entity based on vanilla "Boiler" will be named as "∞ Boiler"; while that for "Car" will be named as "∞ Car". The magic-string parameter 1 takes the vanilla localised name, so they would appear as "∞ Π‘ΠΎΠΉΠ»Π΅Ρ€" and "∞ ΠΠ²Ρ‚ΠΎΠΌΠΎΠ±ΠΈΠ»ΡŒ" respectively in Russian.

Hi, yes, I probably really didn't figure it out until the end.

Therefore, I will be using my original string instead. Is it okay for you?

Yes, it's okay.

According to my naive understanding by Google translator, seems like your string is not a complete sentence with a proper initial, and missing the meaning of "Equipment".

Judging by the description, I thought that the "eternal" option would not be for all equipment, but only for generators. Can all equipment become eternal?

2 years ago

Judging by the description, I thought that the "eternal" option would not be for all equipment, but only for generators. Can all equipment become eternal?

Obviously NOT all equipment.
This tooltip description Equipment under category β€œgenerator-equipment” and using chemical fuel, such as Vehicle fuel cell in β€œSchall Tank Platoon” mod. is referring to the mod setting Add perpetual variant to generator equipment.

I was asking that just because your translation was not a complete sentence:

perpetual-machine-generator-equipment=относящиСся ΠΊ ΠΊΠ°Ρ‚Π΅Π³ΠΎΡ€ΠΈΠΈ β€œΠ³Π΅Π½Π΅Ρ€Π°Ρ‚ΠΎΡ€-оборудованиС” Π° Ρ‚Π°ΠΊΠΆΠ΅ ΠΈΡΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡŒΠ·ΡƒΡŽΡ‰Π΅Π΅ химичСскоС Ρ‚ΠΎΠΏΠ»ΠΈΠ²ΠΎ, Ρ‚Π°ΠΊΠΎΠ΅ ΠΊΠ°ΠΊ Π² Π’Π°Π½ΠΊΠ°Ρ… Π¨Π΅Π»Π»Π°.

While your other translations are complete sentences, like:

perpetual-machine-locomotive=ΠžΠ±ΡŠΠ΅ΠΊΡ‚Ρ‹, относящиСся ΠΊ ΠΊΠ°Ρ‚Π΅Π³ΠΎΡ€ΠΈΠΈ β€œΠ»ΠΎΠΊΠΎΠΌΠΎΡ‚ΠΈΠ²β€ ΠΈ ΠΈΡΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡŒΠ·ΡƒΡŽΡ‰ΠΈΠ΅ химичСскоС Ρ‚ΠΎΠΏΠ»ΠΈΠ²ΠΎ.\nΠ±Ρ€Π°Ρ‚ΠΈΡ‚Π΅ Π²Π½ΠΈΠΌΠ°Π½ΠΈΠ΅, Ρ‡Ρ‚ΠΎ ΠΎΠ½ΠΈ большС Π½Π΅ ΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡƒΡ‡Π°ΡŽΡ‚ Ρ‚ΠΎΠΏΠ»ΠΈΠ²Π½Ρ‹Ρ… бонусов.
perpetual-machine-boiler=ΠžΠ±ΡŠΠ΅ΠΊΡ‚Ρ‹ Π² ΠΊΠ°Ρ‚Π΅Π³ΠΎΡ€ΠΈΠΈ β€œΠ±ΠΎΠΉΠ»Π΅Ρ€β€ ΠΈ ΠΈΡΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡŒΠ·ΡƒΡŽΡ‰ΠΈΠ΅ химичСскоС Ρ‚ΠΎΠΏΠ»ΠΈΠ²ΠΎ.

So I have noticed the different beginning word in your sentences.

2 years ago

Yes, the beginning of the sentence is different, but the meaning is the same, I didn't think it would be such a problem...

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

In mod translations, it is rather common that several strings to appear repetitively the same, but indeed slightly different. It is my duty to ask translators whether the differences are overlooked or being unimportant in their language.
And of course, if you confirm the current form is appropriate, I am okay too.

Your translations are now included in Schall Language Pack 2021.12.13+.
Thanks again!

BTW, in setting descriptions, I have preserving specific words like β€œΠ°Π²Ρ‚ΠΎΠΌΠΎΠ±ΠΈΠ»ΡŒβ€, β€œΠ³Π΅Π½Π΅Ρ€Π°Ρ‚ΠΎΡ€-оборудованиС” back to their original form. Because they are refering to the game internal prototype definitions, NOT considered as English words that needs to be translated.

New response