Schall Oil Fuel

Allows various oil barrels to be used as fuel, to vehicles and machines. Fuel settings are balanced towards vanilla fuel. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, Português Brasileiro)

Tweaks
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Fluids

g [Solved] some questions

4 years ago

Hello, its me again, with some questions: is this mod compatible with mods that can change the capacity of barrels(example: ReStack)/change the fluids to use a different container(example: with bob´s mods petroleum gas uses a gas bottle)

4 years ago

I have not tested yet. But if other mod only alter the stack size (from what I read from ReStack code), it should work fine.

If other mod uses a new container, then it is probably a new item (unless Bob cloned the properties from vanilla barrels). Since this mod changes items indexed by the name of the vanilla oil barrels, I guess fuel settings would not be applied to them.
It would need a few lines of code added to set the fuel values properly, but I have totally no knowledge of Bob's settings on oils (like names of new containers, recipe ingredient/product ratios, etc).

4 years ago

Hello, the stack size of the barrels isn´t my concern, but does your mod change the fuel value of the barrels, when for example ReStack changes, how much fluids can be stored in one barrel(for example, when a barrel can store 500 instead of 50 units of fluid)

4 years ago

No, it would be extremely complicated to automatically determine fuel value of barrels, which is especially non-trivial if any barrels are involved in multiple recipes. Automatic code to be compatible with all mods, is almost an impossible task.

The better way would be when "fill-barrel-" recipes are being modified by ReStack, it also detects and modifies the fuel value by multiplier used there.

4 years ago

So, can you make your mod compatible only with ReStack?

4 years ago

As my last reply says, it is much better to make the changes in ReStack, not here.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

If you add fuel values to the fluids I will calculate the value per barrel when setting fill recipes.
It makes no sense for only barrels to have a fuel value. Any barrel touched by ReStack will have the fuel value set to fluid fuel value * barrel capacity.

4 years ago

Thanks.
Just uploaded 0.17.1 which included fuel settings to the four oil fluids.
Tested with ReStack 0.5.8 can calculate the correct values.

New response