Schall Endgame Evolution

Adds GUI to display evolution factor and monitor alien spawn rates. Adds progressively higher tiers of aliens (configurable) at very-late game, bringing some real challenge! (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

i [Solved] Setting request

4 years ago

Amazing mod. I would like to request a setting that makes it so your Alien loot mod does not necessarily give twice the resources for twice the strength.
Ex: make a setting so each additional category gives say 1.9 times as much resources as the previous category (maybe a user entered number from 1 to 100 times as much)

4 years ago

Thanks for your idea.

Each tier is designed to be double the mass (hence strength), so it is straightforward to have double the meat (loot). There is no logical reason to get more than double. So if I ever come up with this setting, I will NOT allow any values higher than 2.
In mathematical term, this is the base of multiplier function f(x) ~ 2^x. A seemingly harmless number like 2.5 will gives 244 times (instead of 64) for category X. Not to say if you replace the base with 10 or 100, there will be carpets of items on ground that is more and faster than anyone can handle. So sorry, I consider that to be both cheating and very game-breaking.

When people consider "category" in the real-life, very often they are using simple numbers like 2, Euler's constant (=2.718), 10, or so on, which is determined by the mass/energy scale. Hence I would rather not touch this, but sticking to the simple number of 2.
I have considered to use Euler's constant (=2.718), where we (as science staff) are more used to. But considering many of the players here not even want to do much maths, I use the simpler number of 2 instead.

Back to your idea. If I ever introduce such a setting, I will only allow the range between 1 and 2.
Since this is a nerf (where many players never use :D), I will still put this to my task list but will have quite low priority.

4 years ago

It is now adjusted with mod option "Loot tier multiplier" under Schall Alien Loot 0.17.5.
I have limited the range as between 1 and 2 only. If you want number higher than 2, you can adjust in settings.lua to whatever you want.

4 years ago

thanks

New response