Satisfactorio

by PFQNiet

Love Factorio? Love Satisfactory? Want to play both at once? Well all right then! This overhaul mod reworks Factorio to play more like Satisfactory, with Milestones, self-driving cars, direct connection of belts to machines, and much more! Please support the original developers by purchasing a legal copy of Satisfactory before downloading this mod.

Overhaul
2 years ago

b Research stuck

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I gave to MAM some hard disk. I messed up a bit in technology, added/removed techs, and went back to researching hard disk bonus. Problem is - research got stuck. It's on 9% , I moved 3 minutes earlier via loading previous autosave and it was 9% back then - too. It looks like it won't move forward, unless I don't understand some mechanic of game, but as far as I know, MAM don't need power or anything, right?

my savefile :
https://www110.zippyshare.com/v/V1VyDrUF/file.html

yeah, I let game run for next few minutes.. It's just stuck

2 years ago

to other players - I wouldn't recommend enabling research queueing. It won't do anything (I don't know why I enabled it) and in previous game, when I had research queue disabled - even after messing up with technologies (canceling some, starting some new, reneving previous one) there was no problems.

2 years ago

The research queue should work just fine, did you do anything in the editor or just in gameplay?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I just played game, no editor. Only way I was messing up is by queueing/removing techs.

In my 3rd game, when I started from scratch all researches are not working. Mycelia research should take 30 seconds, yet it doesn't move at all.

https://www40.zippyshare.com/v/HNm5VU91/file.html here's my save from thrid game, stuck on 30 second research.

2 years ago

I'm away from home so I can't do any major debugging right now, but do you have any other mods enabled?

2 years ago

Oh, I understand, it's no problem.

No I just have clear factorio with this mod.

bas mod : "1.1.37",
satisfactorio : "1.0.4"
just to make sure.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Okay, I'll take a look when I can, but it won't be until around the end of the week.

Meanwhile you can kind of work around this:

• Submit items to the MAM
  • If the research gets stuck, use /editor
  • Hit T to open the tech screen
  • Shift-click on the research button to instant-finish it.
  • Use /editor again to resume your game.

It's not cheating if it's to work around a possible bug ;)

Although, don't do this with Hard Drive because that'll break things later... I have no good workaround for that yet.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Ok, thanks for idea :) I will use it.

2 years ago

I have copied this report to GitHub and will look into it when I can. Thank you for your patience!

2 years ago

I'm now home, but unfortunately the links you have given me don't work. Could you try another upload?

2 years ago

Hmm, ok sure. I think these still work for me, but I will try using google disc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Faam87rilUjxBMDaFXLBcwMgPW9JSA75/view

it should be available for anyone having link. When I tried after logging out from google, it worked, but before that waiting wheel was appearing for long time (like15-30 seconds).

2 years ago

You have a technology price multiplier of 10x set on your game.

I will see about making it forced to be 1x to prevent this happening in future, but there's no easy way to fix your existing saves other than using the /editor method above.

2 years ago

This console command will fix your existing saves:

/c game.difficulty_settings.technology_price_multiplier = 1; local f = game.player.force; for _,t in pairs(f.technologies) do local p = f.get_saved_technology_progress(t); if p and p >= 0.99999 then t.researched = true end end; if f.current_research then if f.research_progress >= 0.99999 then f.current_research.researched = true end end
2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

oh... I don't know how that came to be. But that would explain why everything is stuck at 9 (or probably "almost 10")%

Thank you for all of that!

2 years ago

Thank you for finding this issue and bringing it up!

New response