by Klonan

Adds Repair Turrets

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Logistic network

i Construction update - too pwoerful

3 years ago

I have to say, love the mod, hate the construction update. It seems like cheating too much. I accidentally did the research, and now my game seems like cheating... Is there a way to remove that feature (an option you can select, maybe) ?

3 years ago

You can do a command I think to break it,

Something like
/c __Repair_Turret__ global.repair_turret.can_construct = {}

It will stop them constructing

3 years ago

Yeah, but then that means you can't earn achievements. Can you do that as a flag (enabled by default)?

3 years ago

Zarnoo, for now you can use the following mod to run the command without disabling achievements:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/some-luaconsole

Cheers :V:

3 years ago

.1. it would be nice to have an option similar to construction drones and construction bots, to (temporarily) disable them.

.2. when it is possible to write mods that allow execution of commands that would otherwise disable local achievements (luckily steam achievements are already disabled by using any mod), what use does it have to disable local achievements at all when trying to do some local "hotfixing" by using the same commands ?

I'm not against having such a lua-console in a mod, on the contrary :-) but it should disable local achievements too (which probably is difficult or impossible to implement such specific restrictions; what about a mod that implements a command "/winfactorio" which would be no illegal /c command :-) :( )

3 years ago

So, I hacked the code and if you put a boolean flag around the code which adds ghosts and deconstruction items to the processing table, then you have a switch which disables the processing of new changes (was 3 lines of code I think, plus the switch in the options config).
Personally, this mod is now too powerful. I liked the repair side, because it was slow, and made sense, but the construction option feels like I might as well use peaceful mode, as something is fixed pretty soon after it's fixed, despite it being a long way from the factory.

3 years ago

Agree that it is too "powerful", it was really really fun, don't get me wrong, but 2 issues with it:

• Construction drones are still being sent out for items that have not yet been constructed, making them fly out and return with items, dropping them in storage chest (annoying before you get logistics system to try to tidy it up)
  • It is really far too easy and fast to expand

I mean its really really fun to use it, you get nearly instant feedback of your plans, but compared to the pace of the rest of the game, it feels very very overpowered. A switch to turn building would be nice (I have unfortinutely already researched this upgrade to try it out)

3 years ago

Until there is a proper solution - here is something that I think will work (don't really know LUA or did any Factorio scripting)

Find the mod folder on your system
open the zip (if you can edit it without unpacking, bonus points)
Find file 'script/repair_turret.lua/'
Search for 'local on_tick = function(event)'

Convert
'''
check_ghost_check_queue()
check_deconstruction_check_queue()
'''
to
'''
-- check_ghost_check_queue()
-- check_deconstruction_check_queue()
'''

Maybe Klonan can suggest a better solution, as I really got no idea what I am doing. This seems to not add any NEW items (so anything already in the process of being added will continue to be built/deconstructed) to build/deconstruct queue but will still repair stuff.

New response