Repair Turret

by Klonan

Adds Repair Turrets

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Logistic network

g logistic bots use the network connection (using repair turret) to migrate from one network to another

4 years ago

I tried to summarize in title. not sure if this is a bug. you can decide.

assume you have two "logistic" networks separated from each other, with roboports. both logistic and construction networks are separated. then you put repair turrets and "construction" network is connected but logistic networks are not. distance between two logistic networks' edge is 150 tile in my example, not so short distance and there are a couple of repair turrets, not single.

when one of the logistic networks have an outage of charging station for bots (too big workload for example), bots move to repair turret to charge. it is fine.

but...

after bots are recharged they "migrate" to other network :D this super annoying because then the bot number shall be lowered from one network and a bot outage shall uprise.

is this a bug? can this be prevented somehow? I had 400 and 600 bots at start but once I realized this is happening I stopped the work. now it is 374 and 626, 26 bot migrated from one network to another.

another question. since networks are connected because of repair turret, logistic bot count is added when hovering entities. is this a game limitation/working as intended? I think it is since they are still one network (logistic and construction differ though), logistic network dialog shows as one and there I see 1k bots (which were 400+600 and now 374+626).

thanks for your support

4 years ago

Can you provide a save game showing the set up?

4 years ago

here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=19u23FZayqk4tHm9UNoiH5cCrly6XV9Hx
hopefully it is accessible.

put a wood in the storage chest on very left and you shall see a migration from right station immediately. it seems bot charging is not necessary in the scenario. entire bots from right side migrates to left in the first request even though logistic networks are not connected.
infinity mode is only necessary for the infinity wagon. chests in place of rail&wagon would be fine I guess.

thanks

4 years ago

Yea, those networks are connected, it is not about the logistic area touching, but the connection line between the roboports

4 years ago

thanks for looking into this.
do you consider this a bug and intend to solve it or leave as it is?

4 years ago

Its not a bug, and I can't solve it anyway, its a engine thing

New response