by Klonan

Adds Repair Turrets

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Logistic network

g Bad Change

4 years ago

Repair turrets - finally I've found a mod that lets me not deal with the never-ending repairs of far off outposts without having to provide them with roboports, bots(that may occasionally get destroyed by biters) AND on top of that supply them with repair packs on top of the normal train operations to transfer the resources.

And now you put the need to constantly feed the damn turrets with repair packs? may as well just go back to roboports then, at least those give me more flexibility, very bad change.

4 years ago

You only need to supply a single turret or chest or whatever in the entire logistic network of the turret

You can download the old version of the mod if you want to not need the packs

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yes I've read the description - that's EXACTLY how roboports already work right now - you just supply 1 roboport in the logistic network the repair packs and works for all the roboports within that network.

Too bad that doesn't work on outposts that are OUTSIDE the base and it's logistic network - you just removed the main convenience factor of the mod with this move - why I should bother making repair turrets if I can do the same and WAY more with normal roboports?

This mod was fantastic for outposts and now it's pretty much useless for me.

4 years ago

Why not just send up a stack of repair packs to the outposts along with everything else you send up to them for refilling and management? I've always done that for bots before, these turrets are just a faster way of repairing now, which is very useful.

4 years ago

Because I would normally not send anything to an outpost unless it's an uranium one that needs sulfuric acid - if you use laser turrets instead of gun turrets there's nothing really to send aside from the repair packs.

This mod had this convenience to remove the hassle of sending stuff to outposts, but now I am back to square 1 having to supply my outposts with repair packs just like before, so what's the point? you usually get the roboport tech long before you need to build outposts to get more resources, by that time the repair turrets are already obsolete.

4 years ago

This mod had this convenience to remove the hassle of sending stuff to outposts, but now I am back to square 1 having to supply my outposts with repair packs just like before

Can also have a line of repair turrets as well so they can pull from anywhere on demand.

you usually get the roboport tech long before you need to build outposts to get more resources, by that time the repair turrets are already obsolete.

Almost never? In my newer server I already have 3 outposts and not hit even blue science yet (heavily modded as always though).

New response