Adds Repair Turrets

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Logistic network

g My Thoughts on Improvements

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Since these are now requiring repair packs they are a little more cumbersome to use. To reduce this I suggest the following:

1) Make it autofill with at least 1 repair pack when placing repair turret. This would be extremely helpful when placing individual (not in a large network of repair turrets) turrets, such as in outposts. OR, at least make it compatible with the Autofill mod.

2) When regular turrets fill with bullets via an inserter they only fill to ~10. Doing this with repair packs into repair turrets would allow them to be belt or box fed without eating through an enormous amount of inventory.

[Edit]
3) I almost forgot. Make it similar to turrets and chests so that the repair packs can be removed with ctrl-click (ctrl-rightclick for half).
[/Edit]

BTW - Great mod, I have been using it about 5 or 6 weeks and it has made my deathworld-marathon bearable. I probably would have given up on this playthrough if it had not been for this mod. Thanks a bunch

4 years ago

There's not really any need for these changes. If you read the changelog:
"Version: 0.2.0
Date: 2019-09-24
Changes:
- Repair turrets will now consume repair packs to do the repair. If they do not have any in their own repair slot, they will search the logistic network for one. This should work with all repair packs types.
- Repair packs being consumed from afar will drain some energy from all the cells they path through along the way."

Basically, you just feed repair packs in any one repair turret and whenever any other in the network needs them, it just transports the repair pack charges across. There's no need to feed repair packs into each turret, aside from maybe being slightly less electricity, but that's really not worth worrying about.

New response