Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

b Crash with items registered outside of data.lua [Fixed Itself✅]

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

If a thrower tries to throw an item that was registered outside of data.lua then your mod will crash

I recommend either throwing a dummy projectile if you cannot find the correct projectile for an item or registering all your projectiles in final-fixes

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Projectiles for each item actually ARE created in final-fixes, but the same idea holds true there too i guess. If another mod loads after mine i'm going to miss some items. The problem with a dummy projectile is that it would not end up dropping the original item the way I have it set up so the item would just disappear, i'll have to come up with some alternative. I'm open to ideas if you got any

nice profile pic btw .':)

3 years ago

This is interesting because I have a mod called beekeeping that only runs in data-updates but I was still getting a crash for this.

Maybe you could not swing the inserter if there is no projectile?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

To make the projectiles I cycle through the entire data.raw table and I filter out things like explosions and graphics and I identify actual items by testing if the prototype the cycle is currently on has a .stack_size because I figure anything that can be put in an inventory will have a stack size. Do your bee items not have a .stack_size?

3 years ago

stack_size is a mandatory property I couldn't leave it out if I wanted to

3 years ago

oh yeah that's why I used that to test if a prototype was an item lmao. What exactly is the crash saying?

3 years ago

hmm I added the mod back into my modlists to get a screenshot of the error but I got another one instead

https://ibb.co/mtYwdNh

3 years ago

alright, I made a new save with the mod
here is the error
https://ibb.co/kVZRwMx

3 years ago

Interesting, I'll have to see what this angels natural gas gen thing is and why my script didn't pick it up

3 years ago

i just posted an update with a fix for the recent Factorio version capsule change and also something that I think will fix the migration crash. I don't know if that somehow inadvertently fixed your original problem but I can't recreate that error, I can't even find the angels-natural-gas-gen referenced in your screen shot. Is it from an angel's add on mod?

3 years ago

The way that beekeeping works is that it scans data.raw.resource for all ores and oils added by mods and tries to give them recipes relating to how useful or rare the resource is.

It makes lots of different meta items, one of those items is a syringe involved in genetic mutation. These are always suffixed with -gen

I had angels petrochem installed at the time but the natural gas syringe was just the first item I happened to try from the mod

3 years ago

Ah I get it, okay I'll take a look at that to see what's up

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I installed angels and the bees mod and from the looks of it everything should work, you are talking about this item right?

The syringes have stack size of 10 and the code did pick it up, in that screenshot is a thrower throwing the natural gas syringes so everything seems to be working okay. I have the newest version of all 3 mods. Is your setup the same?

3 years ago

I have around 30 other mods installed

I'll try to remove some and see if I can still get this error

3 years ago

I can't get the crash anymore

angels had an update today maybe that fixed it

3 years ago

i see this as an absolute win

New response