Realistic Reactors

Add realistic nuclear reactors including a breeder reactor type and cooling tower. The reactors must be controlled through integrated circuit interface signals. The thermal energy output is dynamic and depends on reactor core temperature. The reactors require sophisticated designs of their cooling system and heat-pipe network. If the operational conditions aren't met then a reactor core meltdown with dangerous consequences occurs

Content
9 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

g preheating water for heat exchangers?

5 years ago

I've read that people used to preheat water using boilers, back before steam became it's own 'liquid'.
Since this mod allows you to heat up water using the reactor cooling system, I was wondering if anyone tested if it has any merit to use pre-heated water for energy production.

4 years ago

only merit I can see is that your ECCS doesn't jam. You'll also see a small cost reduction due to the lack of active cooling in the form of cooling towers, but it doesn't really help in the increased complexity when it comes to integrated circuits

4 years ago

Thinking about it, the water that goes into the exchangers simply takes less heat to turn to steam, but that extra heat came out of the reactor. So does this mean that it consumes less heat to produce 10 mw worth of steam, or does it produce more steam, using the same 10 mw? Or is it neither, and it converts the same amount of heat into the same amount of steam, completly ignoring the water temperature?

4 years ago

If the heat exchangers work correctly it should be "it consumes less heat to produce 10 mw worth of steam". But that's just my opinion, I never checked in that detail how the heat exchangers work (that's unchanged base game behaviour).

But I don't think it makes much sense to preheat the water for the heat exchangers. Either you have to use use the ECCS (meaning you'll cool the reactor anyway) or you need to use coal or oil energy (which is more expensive than uranium energy I believe).

4 years ago

It can't work as it is, since exchangers can't accept steam as an Imput.

4 years ago

[RUS]
В кишках мода нужно исправить формулу подсчёта отвода тепла водой, уменьшив теплоёмкость воды в 4 раза [ local Tdelta_reactor = (reactor_core_temperature - Tmix) / 4 ] чтобы выходная потраченная на охлаждение водой, давала столько же энергии при преобразовании в пар. Итоговая конструкция с логической системой с прокачкой воды через реактор, позволяет держать 4 ядра реактора безопасно на 985 C° и даже на 990 C° с допустимой погрешностью в 2 C°, при любых возможных ситуациях.

Вообще я решил написать не только поэтому.
Вообще в вашем моде есть ряд серьёзных проблем, которые в большей степени мне пришлось самому исправлять, причём проблемы очень броские, как разработчик как вы их сами не заметили?
Саркофаг больше самого реактора -> нельзя поставить саркофаг на два вплотную стоящих реактора.
Неправильные формулы подсчёта отвода тепла ↑.
Не поддерживаются отрицательные температуры хладагента из других модов.
Устаревшее значение выброса загрязнения при взрыве, даёт от 30% до 100% эволюции сразу. ( 1 000 000 pol. )
on_entity_damaged + Огнемётные турели -> супер проседание для FPS/OPS.
Отрисовка графика мощностей реактора -> супер проседание для FPS/OPS.
Есть утечка памяти в сохранении связанная с тепловыми трубами ( Не исправлял, возможно не критична).
При нехватке энергии и запуске реактора, тот может съесть пачку топливных элементов в один миг.
Мгновенный снос реактора и всякого из мода примочек через редактор -> Краш.
Мод примочек: Подземные трубы работают все разом и на любой дистанции. Чевооо?
* Мод примочек: Трубы переключатели, работают с большой задержкой и имеют очень маленькую теплопроводность.
Наверняка еще что то, но уже не помню что именно.

Но за мод большое спасибо, гораздо интереснее делает реакторы в игре.

4 years ago

It can't work as it is, since exchangers can't accept steam as an Imput.

Having done this, the end result is you get 100C water going into the exchangers to be flashed into steam. The result is 123 steam out/s.

4 years ago

Does it use less heat?

New response