Realistic Fusion Power

Adds a new way to produce energy through nuclear fusion. Fully compatible with K2, Angel's/Bob's, SE and IR2. Currently getting rewritten (see end of description).

Content
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Power

g Cool idea but too much padding to be useful

5 months ago

I love the idea of fusion in video games, Mekanism, GregTech and NuclearCraft in Minercaft have been favourites of mine and seeing a fusion mod for Factorio got me interested. But good lord the amount of fast high count researches needed to make fusion usable is insane. Even reducing research costs by 80% was over the top, nuclear fission in the game is what? Two researches? Three? The realism can be managing the various reactions needed to produce the power needed, not dozens of uninteresting researches.

4 months ago

Fusion is hard to get right. you have to invest in it. Fission is a lot easier, you just have to go "Now Kiss" with Fissile Materials. Making fusion "Now Kiss" takes much higher Instigating Energies. I've got a 4.5 GW fusion powerplant in an SEK2 run and when my Space Science spins up, it's running at 100%

4 months ago

Oh yeah I totally get it. Fusion is hard and it should be hard in game but there's a balance to be found and I don't think mod has the balance quite right. I do like the research unlocking more efficient recipes, that's cool, but there's just too many researches.

2 months ago

There's just endless efficiency research, requiring tens of thousands of science packs, and worse yet, they have identical icons, cluttering the recipe selection. Poor design overall.

Love the idea. The execution is a nightmare.

2 months ago

I went through and slashed the science costs by a factor of 10. The costs are just absolutely stupid. At the point you have access to start researching Fusion, you're at maybe 60-120 SPM. At that rate, it'll take you weeks to get anywhere. Not everyone installs this mod with a fully functioning gigabase already.

Even with the costs slashed by a factor of 10, the research times are super long.

30 days ago
(updated 30 days ago)

I went through and slashed the science costs by a factor of 10. The costs are just absolutely stupid. At the point you have access to start researching Fusion, you're at maybe 60-120 SPM. At that rate, it'll take you weeks to get anywhere. Not everyone installs this mod with a fully functioning gigabase already.

Even with the costs slashed by a factor of 10, the research times are super long.

Build Gooder

New response