Realistic Fusion Power

Adds a new way to produce energy through nuclear fusion. Fully compatible with K2, Angel's/Bob's, SE and IR2. Currently getting rewritten (see end of description).

Content
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Power

g [Fixed in 1.8.5] Shrill squeal in fusion reactor SFX

2 years ago

would it be feasible to reduce or remove the high-pitched squeal from a running Fusion reactor core? maybe with a checkbox because it absolutely sets my teeth on edge

2 years ago

I haven't even noticed it before, weird...
I just took the audio from a video on youtube, I have no idea how to remove it. If anyone has some actual audio editing skills, feel free to remove the whine and send the result here; the file is in the sounds directory if you unzip the mod.

2 years ago

Oww, heard the same thing and that was rather painful, so I found this thread!

There were two crazy frequencies in that file, one around 6694hz, lowered that one enough that it was still there for the effect but otherwise not painful, but then noticed a second loud one that was now dominating at 13389hz, fixed that as well. There are still a whole lot of high frequencies, which is not at all pleasant for my ears (I want to pass out the higher frequencies pretty hard, but that would understandable get rid of a large aspect of the sound), but it's probably sufficient now. The altered file is available at: https://overminddl1.com/Factorio/RFP/reactor-running-edited-1.ogg

The particle-accelerator.ogg could use a bit of massaging as well but it's not quite to the level of painful, just uncomfortable, like the above edited reactor one is now as well.

2 years ago

Thanks, added to the mod in 1.8.5.

2 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for this fantastic mod!

New response