Realistic Fusion Power

Adds a new way to produce energy through nuclear fusion. Fully compatible with K2, Angel's/Bob's, SE and IR2. Currently getting rewritten (see end of description).

Content
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Power

i [Answered, probably won't add] Space Exploration compat. status + Boron

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

1:

How's the compatibility with Space Exploration? (details if possible plz)

2:

Ever thought about implementing boron-proton fusion (arguably easier to get into due to more common reactants than anything involving He3)?
On a related note, could it be possible to implement scaleable and/or variously-sized reactors for aneutronic fusion? For instance, the dense plasma focus method LPP Fusion is currently prototyping (which is theoretically scaleable).

A more generic question:

Are you planning on implementing additional/more diverse fusion methods, such as, for example, General Fusion's piston-driven lithium vortex device.

Thank you for your time!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

1: Haven't started working on it myself yet because I'm still working on the angelbobs compatibility with RFW. I'm planning to integrate the patch into the mod after testing (and improving) it a bit.
2: I did, but I didn't want to add a new ore to the game that wouldn't be used until very late game, so I decided to go with He3. Besides, one of the main advantages of fusion is that you don't need to go mining anything to produce energy with it (in factorio, that is).
3: I do plan on adding more types of reactors/fuels when I'm done with the angelbobs/SE compatibility patches, but I have no ETA. Could be a month, could be a year.

I also don't have a lot of time to work on the mod currently because of school and a bunch of other stuff, I'll probably take a break after finishing the angelbobs compatibility (except for fixing bugs).

3 years ago

Regarding boron: Might not necessarily need to add a new ore, at least for an Earth-like planet; it's apparently around 4.5 ppm (4.5 grams per tonne) in seawater, so filtration of that could be a viable solution. Still, I understand why you went with the current setting.

Regarding being busy: Same. I wish you success in your studies and plenty of relaxing, though!

New response