Realistic Fusion Power

Adds a new way to produce energy through nuclear fusion. Fully compatible with K2, Angel's/Bob's, SE and IR2. Currently getting rewritten (see end of description).

Content
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Power

i [Answered] Breeder reactors

3 years ago

Hey, could it be possible to add a breeder reactor of some kind, the one which breeds isotopes maybe a little faster than regular ones, and do not produce heat/GJ's? Just thought about it since later on in the game D-D becomes mostly useless, but we still need H3 for the Aneutronic reactor and D-T for the more powerful regular reactor.
Also -new turbines and heat exchangers graphics, HUGE ones which produce the same amount as the existing High capacity exchangers/turbines?
Might look a lot prettier.
ALSO (sigh) is there a way for the reactors to display their max amount of heat/electricity they can produce on mouse-over, depending on the research?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)
  1. Breeder fusion reactors aren't possible. Tritium can be bred in fission reactors with the use of lithium, though, so I might add that in the future. Helium-3 cannot be bred, it would have to be mined (maybe on the moon with SE?). Also, the current values are pretty unrealistic, so if I add new ways to produce these I'll also to decrease the amount that comes from D-D.

2. I don't know how to 3d model. The current textures are made by either YuokiTani, modified from other mods or taken from angel's discarded/unused graphics thread. I'll add them if someone can find or make the new textures.

3. Not possible afaik. You have to open the reactor and hover over either the ingredient or the result. Or you can also use the manual recipes mod option.

3 years ago
  1. Ok got it, makes sense (about the breeder reactors), not really realistic so it would probably break the realism part even further, good point!

2. I'll try and source some graphics for these, might even ask some other modders for permission, if I find something that looks nice I'll get in touch with you!

3. Manual recipes mod option it is then! Thanks for all the answers, and stay awesome!

New response