Raven

by maroder

Flying vecicle like airplane. You need to achieve a certain speed for take off.

Content
2 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Transportation

g flight physics (Download alternative version here!)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Really like your mod, but the liftoff speed seems pretty low..?
Here's a version with some drifting mechanics when the vehicle is flying: (and some other additions/changes)
[Updated:]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/202dq9750erx4s6/Raven2_0.1.6.zip?raw=1

4 years ago

dont like it? @ mod author?

4 years ago

Raven is published under MIT license so why don't you just offer your version as an own mod and refer to Raven as original mod author? This way other people can decide which flying mechanics fits better to their individual needs.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Raven is published under MIT license so why don't you just offer your version as an own mod and refer to Raven as original mod author? This way other people can decide which flying mechanics fits better to their individual needs.

Exactly. He has already done it. In his version, I saw quite a few flaws.
A few versions ago I optimized the original script. Now only those "Ravens" in which the player sits are processed.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

so i could just release a "raven mk2" mod or something like that?
my version also has rockets and water splashes ;)
i also wanted to make the airplane spit out clouds from it's back but i couldn't find a way to accelerate them yet
what i'm not happy with yet is the liftoff performance, it's way too easy when you have rocket fuel... but maybe this is fixable with a script
btw: when you add new_raven.riding_state = old_raven.riding_state on liftoff, the new one will keep accelerating (i think this is still buggy when the user doesn't press any key)
i really love your mod, especially because the model fits perfectly into the game and i really don't want to compete with you but i feel like my tweaks make the mod a lot better
Maybe we could collaborate and make a version where all my stuff is optionally locked behind settings?

4 years ago

btw: when you add new_raven.riding_state = old_raven.riding_state on liftoff, the new one will keep accelerating (i think this is still buggy when the user doesn't press any key)

Already added this parameter. For some reason, this edit was not included in the release.

i really love your mod, especially because the model fits perfectly into the game and i really don't want to compete with you but i feel like my tweaks make the mod a lot better
Maybe we could collaborate and make a version where all my stuff is optionally locked behind settings?

Not the best option. Most likely you will again want to add or fix something.

4 years ago

okay.. i guess then i release a new mod if thats ok for you

New response