Rampant Maintenance

by Veden

Player owned machines will breakdown overtime. Configuration for entities in mod settings. Research available to offset breakdowns. Idle machines should not breakdown. Broken down machines should automatically restart after a cooldown unless destroyed by damage when breaking down

Tweaks
1 year, 10 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Use repair packs to bypass cooldown?

Would it be possible to add a feature where, with a configurable amount of repair packs can be expended on a single machine that has broken down in order to bypass the cooldown? Obviously the default setting should be pretty high to make it a real cost-benefit problem worth considering but that way at least early and even late game you can mitigate downtime with an additional and significant resource allocation? Perhaps maybe even make it so a "repaired" machine will remain on cooldown for longer the next time it breaks down or maybe have its next breakdown occur sooner after it was repaired in order to prevent spamming repair packs all the time. Just a few thoughts, I really enjoy the challenge these kind of mods add, keep up the great work!

3 years ago

Not sure how to efficiently get repair pack use for robots.

For early game I would say just pick up whatever the building is and for late game you have enough to plan for outages.

Very much appreciate the idea though

3 years ago

I'm not advocating a change, but I thought I'd spitball an idea. Breakdowns cause damage. Catch the event on_player_repaired_entity filtering for machines and check that the entity was one that had a breakdown (as opposed to purely other damage). Start the cooldown timer.

2 years ago

+1 for manual repairing will unstuck machines. Repair -> deconstruct -> construct is dumb game mechanics at early game, imo :|

2 years ago

The next version player repaired structure get fixed, but robot repaired do not still

1 year, 11 months ago

In the absence of a robot repair event, would keeping a list of currently broken machines and periodically checking if any are at 100% health be too expensive?

If that's not feasible, could there be a tool to reset already-repaired machines? I play with the nanobots mod, which means I get automatic repairs very early on, and then I don't have any way to reset them until it happens automatically.

1 year, 11 months ago

I can add that as a mod setting option.
The biggest problem I have with robot repairs re-activating entities is it effectively negates the planning for product outages.

1 year, 11 months ago

There is a mod setting to enable this now.

New response