Rampant, fixed


Based on Rampant 1.1.1 (new AI and enemies). - New types of enemies - Works on SA planets, can control biters, demolishers, Gleba units - Can mutate existing nests - Can attack from afar - Improved search for a passage in the defense - Some new mechanics

Content
10 days ago
1.1 - 2.1
64.9K
Enemies

g Rampant does not seem to respect peaceful settings

a month ago

AI: Migration: disable
AI: Siege: disable
/c game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.enabled = false
/c game.player.surface.peaceful_mode = true

^ None of those settings result in AI to stop expanding. It just keeps expanding every few seconds and settles every free tile.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

OK I was trying to control Rampant expansion in the late game. Because it expands like 10 times per minute or more and settles every free chunk very quickly. In ~1 minute it settles all free chunks when I reveal/generate the chunks. Reveal chunk -> in 1 minute it is settled.

After some testing I think I figured some things out. Would be cool to confirm/correct from the mod author.

  1. Attack AI does respect peaceful setting. It does not generate raid parties.

  2. When attack parties are generated, if they are not killed, they settle. This sometimes happened to me too even when Migration and Siege AI is disabled. I.e. it is a separate mechanic. I could not stop it from happening. Every attack or vengeance party can do that.

  3. When artillery kills a nest, Rampant creates a settlement party immediately. When I kill a settlement (10 nests) it generates 10 settlement parties. This was the primary source of my problem, I think. Artillery kills them constantly, and rampant keeps re-expanding every second because of that. The issue is that killing one settlement creates 10 settler parties, because there are many nests in one settlement. It multiplies settlements exponentially.

  4. Migration AI and Siege AI do respect being disabled. They do not generate settlement parties passively anymore.

  5. However, it does not stop nest destruction response settlement parties from being generated! In fact, I could not find any way for stopping them at all.

New response