Rampant Arsenal

by Veden

Adds a variety of weapons to wage war. Adds Additional Turrets, Ammo Types, Landmines, Equipment, Capsules, Walls, Vehicles, Infinite Technologies

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

i K2 Infinite Tech with vanilla tech unhidden

1 year, 11 months ago

Hey, is it possible to add damage bonuses to the additional damage technologies that Krastorio 2 adds? The new techs are named the same as the vanilla ones with -11 and -16 as the suffixes. -16 is the infinite tech, -7 has 4 levels, and -11 has 5 levels in K2.

Optionally you may want to rebalance the numbers to more closely reflect how the K2 damage techs scale. Currently with the reduced scaling cost factor of the -7 techs there does end up being a bit of a strong damage boost as you research the originally infinite scaling technologies. One thing to keep in mind for migrations is that the damage bonuses aren't dynamically updated based on tech, they appear to be updated on tech research/unresearch.

Also I'm not sure if this should be classified as a bug but, when you unhide vanilla technologies midway through a game you keep the bonuses from the rampant tech and they are not removed, I presume the same would happen in reverse.

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

Hey, is it possible to add damage bonuses to the additional damage technologies that Krastorio 2 adds? The new techs are named the same as the vanilla ones with -11 and -16 as the suffixes. -16 is the infinite tech, -7 has 4 levels, and -11 has 5 levels in K2.

Optionally you may want to rebalance the numbers to more closely reflect how the K2 damage techs scale. Currently with the reduced scaling cost factor of the -7 techs there does end up being a bit of a strong damage boost as you research the originally infinite scaling technologies. One thing to keep in mind for migrations is that the damage bonuses aren't dynamically updated based on tech, they appear to be updated on tech research/unresearch.

This sounds like a fair amount of work and I don't know when I would get to this.

Also I'm not sure if this should be classified as a bug but, when you unhide vanilla technologies midway through a game you keep the bonuses from the rampant tech and they are not removed, I presume the same would happen in reverse.

First thought would be to not change the unhide vanilla technology midway through a game. This is a low priority for me to fix currently.

1 year, 11 months ago

This sounds like a fair amount of work and I don't know when I would get to this.

Fair enough, it's not a big issue as it's only the turrets that have different bonuses while everything else is affected by the K2 tech with the ammo categories.

First thought would be to not change the unhide vanilla technology midway through a game. This is a low priority for me to fix currently.

Yeah it probably wasn't the best idea to change it midway. The manual fix for this I did was by running some console commands to unresearch all the damage techs before the change and then researching them again afterwards.

New response