Rampant Arsenal

by Veden

Adds a variety of weapons to wage war. Adds Additional Turrets, Ammo Types, Landmines, Equipment, Capsules, Walls, Vehicles, Infinite Technologies

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

i Increase the Range of the Laser Turrets?

3 years ago

Hello!

What's about increasing the range of the Laser Turrets?

The problem is when I expand my base to a quite huge size, the time to get from one side to another is very big, and the aliens are not sleeping...
Sometimes they build a new base near my defense wall and their big worms can spit up to 61 tiles, destroying the whole my defense wall...

The artillery is very expensive and very inefficient against it... it shoots any moving entities approaching my wall and this way just wasting expensive shells...

So I would suggest to make a new type of unlimited research to increase the range of all laser turrets, so it would be nice that it would be possible to increase it up to 70 tiles without spending 10 months of playing... Or if You could suggest me another idea, You're welcome :)

Thank You very much.

3 years ago

Did you try to build other turrets - advanced flamethrower first of all. It's a basic turret for defense.
What mod do you use to have worms with 61 tiles? Rampant generates worms with about 50 tiles max radius at end level evolution: 40 basic + 30% min-max random.

1 year, 8 months ago

Hello! Thank You for the reply, I just saw it :D hehe
Now I'm a bit more familiar with modding, but still, I would like to answer the questions :)
1. You will not believe me, but Vanilla big/behemoth spitters are spitting over 61 tiles range :)
2. I tried to increase range of laser turrets up to 100, but still, it can destroy half of the spawners in a particular spot and then shooting all the time to kill spawned mobs instead of killing spawners, i.e. fixed range is still didn't solve my problem
3. I just set mob expansion to false and now I can play relatively peaceful and 10+ Personal Laser Defenses works pretty fine for the assaults... well, sometimes Rocket Launchers are very handy to destroy spawners in big clusters :)

Thank You very much and good luck :)

1 year, 8 months ago
  1. range_spitter_behemoth = 16 . Therefore it's far less than 61. Even vanilla behemoth worm range is 48.
  2. Didn't see such problems.
1 year, 4 months ago

Increasing the range of turrets is not possible with standard factorio functionalities.

To increase turret range with research would need to do something similar to hero turrets.

New response