Rampant Arsenal

by Veden

Adds a variety of weapons to wage war. Adds Additional Turrets, Ammo Types, Landmines, Equipment, Capsules, Walls, Vehicles, Infinite Technologies

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

g RocketLauncher MK2 icon and question

4 years ago

Hi,
after last update 0.18.7 the icon for Rocket Launcher MKII corrupts almost immediately after crafting the weapon. In craft menu icon is ok, but in inventory and weapons panel it changes to a small piece of original icon.

The question: is it by design the base damage of high explosive rocket (1050) and high explosive grenade (550) ? IMHO rocket should have 600 damage value and grenade probably 350.

4 years ago

What level of Rampant enemies do you play on?

I will add the icon fix to the todo list.

I will take a look at those damages too.
I'm curious as to why do you think those damages are better?

4 years ago

The same problem with other icons:
https://imgur.com/vRzHZTJ

I estimated the base damage increase comparing to other mass destruction ammunition. But now after calculating and comparing proportion of explosives component the values seem right. That makes explosives the most cost-effective intermediate product in terms of war :-) .

3 years ago

Taking into account enourmous RA rockets damage values I was considering to use rocket turrets (1st generation with Incendiary rockets ammo) as a part of wall defense instead of flame turrets (2nd generation). Even made a comparison between them. Rockets won in all points (more damage and area, better range, faster dmg growth with space tech upgrades), except one - accident damages of own defenses when biter come too close (walls have 100% fire protection, but rockets have small explosion dmg component increased with dmg multplier, and 3times bigger area). Thus I finally decided to use flame turrets. And bingo - their multi-target attack ignores range limitation when one of targets is in range and close to out-of-range targets. So those far away sieging nests/worms are killed when some biters go into turrets range near them. A little cheat.

3 years ago

does that mean that the rockets need to have there AOE radius reduced with there damage?

3 years ago

Probably there is something to do with rocket turrets / rockets ammo to make rocket turrets useful in defense. May be reduce AOE for rockets and may be increase minimal range / reduce attack angle. I was unable to put them in defense, but wanted to do it, because they are really very powerful and easy to set up. Ammo can be provided on another side of belt - simple and convenient, more mobility and damage type flexibility than flameturrets.
The same problem is with cannon turrets (less powerful and less cost-efficient than rockets but still great).
May be other players found the way of use and can publish it.
As a summary I made middle-endgame defense of 2nd gen lasers + 2nd gen gunturrets (poison ammo) + 2nd gen flameturrets (napalm) and it works great against level 8 biters (some 3500 health), not sure about capabilities against last two max levels (may be will do with space techs if player develops faster than evolution).

New response