Rampant Arsenal

by Veden

Adds a variety of weapons to wage war. Adds Additional Turrets, Ammo Types, Landmines, Equipment, Capsules, Walls, Vehicles, Infinite Technologies

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

g question about changed turrets dmg and some small issue

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)
  1. I noticed, that after updating mod from 0.17.6 to 0.17.11 attack damage of some turrets changed despite no info about particular them in changelogs. Examples:
    Advanced laser turret with all pre-space upgrades was 11k total, now it is 21k total dmg.
    Capsule launcher with common grenade launcher ammo was almost 6k, now it is less than 4k - in notes it was written only about reduced AOE from 6 to 5.
    And the most painful: Advanced Flamethrower turret makes only 1248/s dmg now (so it's less than twice more damage than basic Flamethrower turret - doesn't look normal for the tech advance difference and cost).
    Was it intentionally done?

2. Small issue - game can't find new tech name in resources
    https://imgur.com/a/K0WJeZo

3. Could you please add small fix for Bob's VE mod - add 'tank' and 'car' equipment categories tags, so Bob's vehicle overdrive components become compatible with your advanced/nuclear car and especially with your tanks?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)
  1. Here is a picture to compare https://imgur.com/a/4sg6KSi (0.17.6 is above 0.17.11; screens taken from the same game save).
    I do understand that Capsule Launcher really had very overpowered damage bonus (making mortar unuseful from very start), but why Advanced Flamethrower became so weak taking into account oil flow consumed per second, components cost and its tech price/place in the tree?
    I didn't use Lightning turret before due to small attack range, but with tripled bonus one must consider it as a main border defense turret now against melee biters, even vs electrical biter factions. And common laser turrets become useless with Rampant mod worms evo progress - can nest near border and kill all defenses staying completely out of their range.
5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks for the report.

Two and three should be fixed.

I also have another fix that may cause the proper turret damages to come back.

The advanced flamethrower should be not be doing any less than it was in 0.17.6, also using napalm instead of crude gives a 50% damage bump.

5 years ago

Thank you. pp. 2 and 3 fixed.
Concerning p.1 all turrets returned to 0.17.6 values, except two turrets:
Capsule Launcher now has twice less dmg per attack (with reduced speed it's even less dmg per second),
but what is really strange - Advanced Laser Turret now has twice less added damage than in 0.17.6. In total it's 7k dmg only (vs 11k originally). Is it ok?

5 years ago

The capsule launchers damage modifier was reduced from 3 to 1.5 and the cooldown was increased, so the damage drop is expected.

The advanced laser doesn't change damage when I load a game from 0.17.6, base damage is still 1400 and 700 with 2000 piercing.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

The advanced laser doesn't change damage when I load a game from 0.17.6, base damage is still 1400 and 700 with 2000 piercing.

Base damage is ok. The problem is with lower bonus damage from dmg upgrade researches.

5 years ago

do you have any mods that affect laser damage bonuses?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

currently Rampant Arsenal just uses the vanilla damage bonus research for all laser turret ammo and doesn't have a dedicated laser turret damage research yet

5 years ago

No, no other mods modifying laser turret damage. I don't think, that Bob's VE can do that. No other mods change weapons anyhow.
And at picture https://imgur.com/a/4sg6KSi one can see, that common laser turret had much less damage bonus than Advanced Laser (approx +200% for laser/lightning turrets vs +400% for advanced laser turret), but in 0.17.12 advanced laser bonus was lowered to the same approx +200% bonus. I do agree, that actual damage bonus is more logical, but nevertheless damage drop is dramatical.

5 years ago

I realize the damage drop is significant.

Would having a dedicated turret damage research for each laser turret be enough or does it need a damage bump?

Also would have a mid tier laser beam turret in addition to the standard laser turret be helpful?

Also you had mentioned in the other thread about bullets failing at higher levels, do you have recommendations on how to modify them?

5 years ago

I realize the damage drop is significant.
Would having a dedicated turret damage research for each laser turret be enough or does it need a damage bump?

No need in my opinon. If compare actual damage, advanced laser takes almost 10 times more power, but gives 10times more damage. Attack rate is 5.5 times lower, but it has AOE.

Also would have a mid tier laser beam turret in addition to the standard laser turret be helpful?
Also you had mentioned in the other thread about bullets failing at higher levels, do you have recommendations on how to modify them?

I think, that everything is fine. The problem is your mod users setting max biters end level and variations :-)
Level 10 biters require space science upgrades for all turrets and damages and probably some factorio-specific competition (but instead of green/red/blue circuits per minute user should run for production of bullets, shells, rockets and delivering them to frontier in time).

New response