Rampant Arsenal

by Veden

Adds a variety of weapons to wage war. Adds Additional Turrets, Ammo Types, Landmines, Equipment, Capsules, Walls, Vehicles, Infinite Technologies

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

g Inconsistent friendly fire from Adv. Laser Turrets?

5 years ago

Hello,

Sometimes the laser turrets blow up friendly walls placed in front of them, other times they don't - even sometimes when I've got two next to each other behind the exact same wall layout, one will be exploding itself and it's surroundings and the other will be shooting over the wall and other friendly turrets fine. What's going on here?

Thanks!

5 years ago

not entirely sure, do you have a save? and does that save have a reasonable amount of mods. (<30)

If not I can try to reproduce this.

5 years ago

Creative, Rampant + Arsenal, Natural Evolution + buildings, a few QOL mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5whyayy37qvg9o4/Creative.zip?dl=1

Basically, I spawn a bunch of mobs up top in the cubby, use the wand to make them enemy team, shoot them for agro and kite to the wall. Most of the time, they fire cleanly, but every once in a while everything explodes.

5 years ago

On the bottom line I can't reproduce the friendly fire.
On the left side, the firing arcs overlay the walls, so I would expect the friendly fire.

I increased the min range and projectile creation distance in the latest to allow for alittle more space infront of the turret

5 years ago

I've been blocked in game by the same problem - advanced laser turret kills itself and other defences very often when biters come close to walls.
I've updated mod from 0.17.6 to 0.17.11, but 'use non-colliding laser projectiles' is off and it is located in start new map mods settings page - can I enable it without re-starting map from the very beginning ?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

aah, it's not advanced laser problem. It's one more bug in bob's mods (Bob's VE in this case - it has an option to easily overpower any Rampant huge biters via plasma cannon, and now I see it works only for offence operations).
I'm sorry, Veden.
Anyway it could be interesting to know if I can enable this new option without starting new game.

5 years ago

yes, no need to start a new game

New response