Rampant Arsenal

by Veden

Adds a variety of weapons to wage war. Adds Additional Turrets, Ammo Types, Landmines, Equipment, Capsules, Walls, Vehicles, Infinite Technologies

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

b Reactive Mending Wall not activating healing cloud when damaged by biters

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I place reactive mending walls between normal walls but when they get damaged by biters they don't seem to emit the healing cloud. They only emit it when I shoot at it myself.

Edit: actually it seems to be only sometimes. I just noticed it healing after getting damaged by spitters.

5 years ago

I have a limit of 5 currently for how many can activate within a 1.4 seconds. I can up the limit to 10 or something

5 years ago

is this a balance issue or ups issue, or something else maybe? It seems like they only check to heal the moment damage is inflicted upon them, because they don't start healing later on after combat has subsided. Is this the intended behavior as well?

5 years ago

Balance with only a little performance.

They emit the cloud on damage.

Should they heal after combat, it will incur a slight UPS and memory cost?

5 years ago

I can add some more logic to help on the balance side by spacing but allow more to emit the cloud per unit of time

5 years ago

Personally I'd only mind the UPS/memory hit if it brought me well below 60ups, I assume that would only happen close to megabase scale though, where you're already expecting sub-par ups.

Yeah I'd prefer that they heal even after combat if they're damaged. I'm still pretty early on in my first game with Rampant though, getting through blue/military science right now. Don't know how bad the biters will get later on.

5 years ago

So I did some balance changes and lifted the limit on the mending walls.

I could not come up with a solution for the healing after battle that was worth the UPS or memory hit, so for now I'm going to hold off.

5 years ago

okay thanks for taking a look. If they are already damaged but not healing, and then take damage again, will they "try" to heal? If they can do that then even that's probably enough.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

yes, everytime they take damage there is a 25% percent chance of the effect happening

New response