Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Crash when surface changes in Warptorio

5 months ago

The mod Rampant (3.3.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaSurface API call when LuaSurface was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__Rampant
/libs/Processor.lua:677: in function 'processPendingUpgrades'
Rampant/control.lua:990: in function <Rampant/control.lua:96

my mod list is

• base 1.1.94
  • erm_libs 1.0.5
  • alien_biomes 0.6.8
  • erm_zerg_hd_assets 1.2.1
  • factorio-crash-site 1.0.2
  • flib 0.13.0
  • grappling-gun 0.3.3
  • Kux-CoreLib 2.9.6
  • planetorio 0.1.5
  • Rampant 3.3.4
  • redo 0.2.8
  • stdlib 1.4.8
  • BottleneckLite 1.2.8
  • Cold_biters 1.2.1
  • PickerDollies 1.2.6
  • Toxic_biters 1.1.5
  • warptorio2 1.3.10
  • Explosive_biters 2.0.5
  • planetorio_expansion_planets 1.0.4
  • warptorio2_expansion 1.1.93

This happens when the surface changes in warptorio and only for some surfaces

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

I've been getting the same thing. I'll note that you accidentally cut off the full error; that last line should say "<Rampant/control.lua:968>".

The simple fix for when it occurs is to reload the most recent save, then find the Rampant map setting "Optimization: Scan chunks outside raised events" and toggle it. When the warp happens, the error shouldn't come up again; you're also free to toggle the setting it back to what it was before. I /think/ there's a 1 in 12 chance that this doesn't fix it. In that case, roll back to a save early enough that you can warp out manually before the auto-warp.

Ultimately, the problem happens when a warp and a 'processPendingUpgrades' call happen on the same tick. Both of the above provided solutions just try to make that not happen. As for how to fix this permanently, I'm not too familiar with either Factorio modding or Lua, but would a try-catch fix this? Not sure if interrupting processPendingUpgrades would do anything bad.

New response