Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Mod Error after uncheck nuclear biters only into settings

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

I was making a game, and when landing on a SE mod planet, I had problems with the nuclear biters that weren't letting me move. I would die instantly landing on the planet... so I decided to deactivate only the nuclear biters... that's right. As soon as I landed on the planet, I walked a little on the surface, I received this error message:

The mod Rampant (3.3.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.
Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
Rampant, /libs/BaseUtils.lua:238: attempt to index field 71 (a nil value) stack traceback:
Rampant,
/libs/BaseUtils.lua:238: in function
<Rampant/libs/BaseUtils.lua:232>
(...tail calls...)

_ Rampant, /libs/BaseUtils.lua:451 : in function 'queueUpgrade'
Rampant, /libs/BaseUtils.lua:700: in function 'processBaseMutation'
Rampant,
/libs/Processor.lua:417: in function 'processNests' Rampant/control.lua:1O11: in function
<Rampant/control.lua:969>

5 months ago

Hi there - I am playing K2 (not with SE), and I wanted to remove a faction. Did the the /remove faction command for poison faction, but now I am getting the following at seemingly random times (not consistent crash), similar error?

The mod Rampant (3.3.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
Rampant/libs/BaseUtils.lua:238: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Rampant/libs/BaseUtils.lua:238: in function <Rampant/libs/BaseUtils.lua:232>
(...tail calls...)
Rampant/libs/BaseUtils.lua:451: in function 'queueUpgrade'
Rampant/libs/BaseUtils.lua:700: in function 'processBaseMutation'
Rampant/libs/Processor.lua:417: in function 'processNests'
Rampant/control.lua:1011: in function <Rampant/control.lua:969>

3 months ago

I am also getting the same error as superstylin roughly once every half hour with K2SE after using /rampantRemoveFaction energy-thief and disabling sappers. I already successfully removed Wasp, Spawner, Electric, Laser, and Poison biters successfully mid-run, but Sappers did not remove correctly. Most of those were removed on a previous version, I believe only Laser biters were removed on the current version.

3 months ago

Actually, even reloading the save with the biters still enabled does not solve the problem. As best as I can tell, running the command corrupted the save, only removing Rampant entirely can prevent it from crashing. I also tried the /rampantRemoveNewEnemies to remove all of them, with no success. Here is one of the corrupted save files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZAeUUE6wkQ72nc-D35OBW-LgkN2gZVRh/view?usp=drive_link

Reinstalling Rampant after uninstalling it seems to have fixed the crashes.

New response