Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Error when combined with Warptorio 2

6 months ago

The mod Rampant (3.3.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Rampant::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaSurface API call when LuaSurface was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__Rampant
/libs/Processor.lua:677: in function 'processPendingUpgrades'
Rampant/control.lua:990: in function <Rampant/control.lua:969>

This error happens when I warp to a new surface in Warptorio 2. It first appeared on Zone 50, and has appeared 3-4 times since then (now on zone 76. Usually, reloading the last save and continuing doesn't repeat the error, but this time it does keep happening again, despite several attempts to reload.

Evolution is currently 0.6889, but since it resets the evolution each time it warps, I don't think this matters. Other than manual inventory sorting (which was added after the error first appeared), mods have not changed since the start. Running on latest experimental version of Factorio (currently 1.1.92).

If I could at least be given a way to poke things and push my way through the error, I would be happy.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lz-9zaqvtefNRLuzL3Pw-3nray8102Mn/view

Mods (not including dependencies) are:
Rampant 3.3.4
Warptorio 2 1.3.10
Krastorio2 1.3.22
Very BZ 0.5.1
Alien Biomes 0.6.8

And some QoL mods:
Even Distribution
Fluid Permutations
Small Inline Storage Tank
Filter Chests
Compressed Fluids
Improved Research Queue
Manual Inventory Sorting
Gun Turret Alerts
Updated Construction Drones
Recipe Book

6 months ago

Update: reloading an older autosave and triggering the warp so it happens sooner allows the warp to go through without error. I don't know the code behind it, but my gut is telling me that either Rampant is trying to do something right as I warp, or else the warp is taking so long that Rampant tries to do something between surfaces.

New response