Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Compatibility with "Alien biome" related Mods

9 months ago

I am having a question considering the compatibality between "Rampant" and "Frost Biters", "Toxic Biters", "Explosive Biters" and "Armoured Biters".
The Last i can see is functioning well. The first three i am not sure if they are compatible with "Rampant".
Anyone know if they are and if not if there is a compatibility patch available?

Also: Yes i do know that the "Armoured Biters" is not related to Biomes.
Also Yes: I see that "Armoured Biters" are a new type of enemies while the first three are a new faction (my guess is, that because they are factions they are not working?

9 months ago

if Rampant's New Enemies feature is off, then no problems with any of these, because Rampant only adds smarter and more aggressive biters behavior, not replacing biters types.

If New Enemies option is On, then there is a conflict because Rampant replaces any nests and worms built by settling biters with a main faction of particular tribe in the area at the moment.

Only graphics is used from Armoured Biters for two factions (brutal and regenerative biters). If its special nest is on, then Rampant overwrites it too.

9 months ago

Oh, so i need to turn the new Biter Factions from Rampant off to get the others to work?
do ALL new factions have to be disabled or can i disable only a few of the new ones?

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

I'm afraid it's the only way to make those mods work as intended. Disable New Enemies in Rampant completely.
But what is the goal to mix those mods and rampant's new enemies together? "biome" modes add factions linked to alienbiome's corresponding terrain types and add some artifacts required for specific items making some kind of a story, while Rampant biters have no relation to anything and roam freely under influence of only a random chance. You choose what is more interesting to try and play in one game. Then you can try another chain of mods.
There are many enemy modifications for factorio that don't mix well. No need to install everything for one playthrough.

9 months ago

u've got a good point there

9 months ago

Huh? Then how am I playing with those biter mods and rampant with new emenies and it works fine?

New response