Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b No mutations

9 months ago

Ever since I have updated Rampant to version 3.3.2, it seems I am unable to have any factions except for the normal faction and acid faction. Restarting a new game gave me the same result.

My current map evolution is 0.8224.
Rampant was enabled and updates to 3.3.2 at the start of this game.
I would like to all factions to be enabled. I would also like biters to evolve like they did before I updated Rampant. They currently are unable to evolve even after killing more than 100 000 of them.

My current mods are :
Krastorio 2 v1.3.19
Krastorio 2 Assets v1.2.1
Mechanicus v1.0.7
Rampant v3.3.2
Rampant Arsenal v1.1.6
What is it really used for? v1.6.0

My save will be included in the forum [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant Thank you for your help! Incredible mod.

9 months ago
  1. After update to 3.3.2 the kill count is reset. The same is about peaceful start timer (nothing happens before peace ends) - set one minute to skip waiting for real action.
  2. For your 82% evo you have to kill 60k biters per tribe, not in entire game. If you have a huge map explored you may have many tribes. So... 100k total is way too small value. You can set up AI:Adaptation Modifier to 0.1 and enjoy mutations (don't forget to increase World Max mutations too - you'll have a nice variety after all, 5+ different factions in one attack squad).
    How did you manage to spare so many lives? I have 680k killed before evo 58% and without going very far from start area.

I have another problem - since Rampant 1.x version I don't get Suicide biters faction ever. No luck or whatever it is... In older mod versions they were at the very start together with Acid faction.

9 months ago

Try to turn on debug messages in Rampant map settings to see a number of tribes (inside mod they are called BaseAIs) and how fast do they get action points - if they don't attack and expand much.

9 months ago

Thank you for the reply Garrotte! I have tried changing the Adaptation Modifier as you recommended and it worked, I started seeing evolutions popping out! I did not know the kill count was per tribe which led me to believe that I was experiencing a bug. I have tested my game using AI:Adaptation Modifier to 0.01 just to test things out, one of the evolution I have witnessed was the Suicide Biter faction for your information, so they still seem to exist, just not at map creation I guess.

I must admit that this map is rather tame, it’s hard to explain why I got so little action. I even cranked up AI: Difficulty Scaling to 5.

Thank you so much for your help!

New response