Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g How does Rampant use UPS?

10 months ago

So this isnt so much a bug request as a request to understand how the mod works to limit our lag on UPS.

When building megabases, we expand towards enemy nests before we have always had a chance to push the spawners away from our walls. Whenever this happens, it seems the UPS drops significantly. My question is, is the act of being near spawners or building bases near spawners likely the cause of the UPS lag? or is it the number of spawners on the map?

If we where to explore a large area looking for supplies but we never actually build there or even go back to the area, is that going to increase lag? As it is we need to use artillery to push the nests back, then our UPS improves.

Can we explore without fear of extreme UPS lag? or is it a function of all spawners that exist on the map?

10 months ago

Also, it does seem like UPS usage becomes extreme when bitters are directly attacking our walls... Like down to 6 from a baseline of 55-60 when not getting hit... Any ideas on a fix for this?

10 months ago

I will give a more complete answer in a few hours, but if you have a save to share it may make diagnosing what you are seeing easier.

10 months ago

Thanks! would be very curious to be sure

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2j9w0cnaqhvhmd/Question%20Save.zip?dl=0

Sorry about the messy belts!

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

I am starting to suspect it has something to do with Rampant Arsenal's advanced flame turret. It does seem to lag when those are working... and Entity update can spike to almost 25 at times

New response