Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Attack groups teleport to first waypoint

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Hello,

today I've updated to 3.2.0 and started experiencing a strange behavior with the attacking groups. Instead of grouping together in their nest and then walking towards my base, they just teleport to their first waypoint and then continue walking.
This means that sometimes an entire group spawn right in front of my defensive walls, making a massive hole before I can deal with it. And other times, when nests are further away, they teleport to their gathering point and then continue on foot.

In addition, biters are now laying down landfill when walking in or near shallow (walkable) waters. Is this intended?

I believe this to be a bug, since I only noticed it started happening today, after I updated to 3.2.0.

Rampant enabled since game start.
Rampant Arsenal 1.1.6 added after start, but experienced no issues until Rampant 3.2.0.

Mod list:
- Space Exploration 0.6.104
- Krastorio 2 1.3.18
- Rampant 3.2.0
- Rampant Arsenal 1.1.6
- LTN 1.18.3
- HeroTurrets 1.1.21 (does anyone know how to enable tech upgrades for flamethrower and gun turrets? It's kind of silly that a rank "General" turret has 1/3 damage of base turret...)
- Fireproof Bots 1.1.3
- Squeak Through 1.8.2
- VehicleSnap 1.18.5

Kind regards,
Brko

1 year, 1 month ago

Do you have a save that shows the behavior? It may have to do with biter compression which can be disabled in the mod settings, but if you have a save I may be able to fix the issue.

1 year, 1 month ago

Thank you for a quick response.
I've uploaded the save as an attachment on the forum. When moderators approve it, it will be accessible here: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=583568#p583568

The issue is most obvious with the red biters on the left side of the base.
If you attack them, some groups will teleport directly in front of the defensive wall.
Slightly north of the left defensive wall, you can see a couple of landfills that were placed on the shores. Those were placed/created by biters, not me...

Just tested now with 3.2.1. The issue is still present, but setting "Compress biter groups" to -1 fixes the issue.

P.S.: I see that biter corpses create the landfill. I'm not sure how I like my water choke points getting filled in with time :D

1 year, 1 month ago

--Accidental double post instead of edit

1 year, 1 month ago

The landfilling can be disabled in the mod settings

1 year, 1 month ago

Hi,
I have the same problem with teleporting enemy groups.
Groups of bites just appear inside the defense line.
I also tried to change the "Compress biter groups" to -1. But the bitters still keep teleporting.

UPD:
Once, instead of a group, a nest appeared right on the site of the defense line.

Version: Rampant 3.2.2

1 year, 1 month ago

An update to this issue.
Setting "Compress biter groups" to -1 resolved the issue of entire attack groups teleporting into the defense lines.
However, now the biter nests are starting to spawn out of nowhere behind my defense lines, sometimes in the middle of a factory.

Version Rampant 3.2.2

1 year, 1 month ago

Can confirm the nests instantly spawning near their attack point. Even after killing all bugs/nests in the area, or killing all bugs via command and repeating it every second. The nests would still instantly spawn at their attacking/group point.

Tried the following:
Increasing the Maximum expansion cooldown in minutes to 30 - they expanded in less than 5 minutes instantly (no spawning in period/state)
Disabling Migration in Rampant settings - Ignored the setting, Nests still instantly spawned.
Checking "show-enemy-expansion-candidate-chunks". The area that nests would instantly spawn in was not in the candidate range at all.

Version: Rampant 3.2.2

1 year, 30 days ago

I saw a massive swarm of biters teleport across the river into my base. I had to reload as i lost half my factory. After seeing this post I've set the compression to -1 and so far haven't experienced the nest bug but if I do... I'll have to backdate rampant until a fix is found. I love this mod so really do not want to stop using it

1 year, 27 days ago

This should be fixed in the latest

1 year, 27 days ago

Hi again,

I think I've found the root cause of the teleporting biters and nests that appear in the middle of your line of defense.
I used this mod, which worked fine with Rampant:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Swarmageddon
However, after updating Rampant to version 3.2.2, the strange behavior described above started.
I turn off the Swarmageddon and everithing works fine now.

tested with Rampant 3.3.0

1 year, 24 days ago

Hi again,

I think I've found the root cause of the teleporting biters and nests that appear in the middle of your line of defense.
I used this mod, which worked fine with Rampant:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Swarmageddon
However, after updating Rampant to version 3.2.2, the strange behavior described above started.
I turn off the Swarmageddon and everithing works fine now.

tested with Rampant 3.3.0

Ha I use swamageddon as well, brilliant mod which ensures chaos will pursue. I'm currently playing with about 50 mods enabled. Disabling compression meant I haven't experienced their teleporting anymore. I've just updated to 3.3.2 now so, hopefully all is good to turn compression back on

New response