Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Some simple questions about the mod

1 year, 3 months ago

Hey, I really love this mod. The changes to AI are really cool and well thought out. I have some questions about how it's working.

Do you have to change the enemy random seed to see different factions at the start of the game? Or will you always start with common and acidic biters if you start at Tier 1?

Is the Enemy Variants setting referring to factions? So if I set this value to 2, it means that at Tier1 there will be 2 factions, and at T2 there will be 4? Does the vanilla game faction affect this at all, or have they been removed?

How do new enemy types from other mods interact with this mod's factions? Like Bob's enemies for example.

I know that for Rampant Evolution we can change settings about how evolution occurs (much better than the vanilla game!). I'm wondering if there's a fairly easy way to set the point values applied by the various player actions for the base mod. Like for example making it so that destroying buildings removes points instead of adding them. Or giving the bugs more points for destroying a spawner. I am guessing maybe this is somewhere in Constants.lua.

1 year, 3 months ago

Do you have to change the enemy random seed to see different factions at the start of the game? Or will you always start with common and acidic biters if you start at Tier 1?

It is random. And what is most important - it is for particular clan in particular map area. Other area may have other factions (though at evolution 0% it is a narrow selection of possible factions).

Is the Enemy Variants setting referring to factions? So if I set this value to 2, it means that at Tier1 there will be 2 factions, and at T2 there will be 4?

No. It is not related. Enemy Variants setting is randomizing properties for every faction objects - nests, biters, worms will have 2 possible combinations of health/resistances/hit damage/range for range attacks, but still be the same faction.

New response